Worst Victories?

United States
The United Federation of Milk
Sooooo, I qualified 4th for the Gr.3 race at Suzuka the other day. Passed 3rd and 2nd with no issue through the first lap. On the final lap, 1st was slowing and I saw a chance. On turn 17 in the Casio Triangle I tried to pull of a move, ah la Daniel Ricciardo at Monza on Kimi. It worked to my surprise! Albeit, they turned into me, ah la Schumacher on Villneve in 1997 and spun into the wall. I went onto win and he went to place 5th. I felt kinda bad for the guy, and I felt kinda bad for myself. But a win's a win.... right?

Was in 1st place and made two dumb mistakes turning too wide .....both times I got passed and was in 3rd place when the #1 and #2 started ramming each other and driving wild. I finished 3rd but with all of their penalties ended up winning. It seemed empty......

To pull a move off at the Casio Triangle is ridiculously hard if he span out then I suspect it wasn't done properly as in you hit his rear quarter? Only an assumption but if they span then it doesn't sound like the greatest move!

A good example of a Casio Triangle Move (It's stamped to the right place);

To pull a move off at the Casio Triangle is ridiculously hard if he span out then I suspect it wasn't done properly as in you hit his rear quarter? Only an assumption but if they span then it doesn't sound like the greatest move!

But, he said it was like Ricciardo at Monza and Villneve on Schumy...

I won one of the 10 lap races on Kyoto last night, however I qualified in 5th and on lap 1 the high speed left after the S bends somebody caused a serious wreck (I didn't watch the replay) and top 4 all managed to slide off the track.
By the time the dust cleared I was in 1st with a couple second lead on 2nd (who was the 6th qualifier) and I just drove away from him for 9.5 laps.

:odd::odd::odd:

There's your answer !

And I feel terrible for the guy. He most definitely deserved the win.... But like I said, he did ram- well, a light tap would be a better word.

Well, it was a pretty sloppy move. But I managed to pull it off, although the guy did try and hit me, spinning out from there. I assume he had traction control off and let the wheels slip too much. :guilty:

Worst, in Bluemoon bay got a 10 sec penalty on the first corner from getting knocked into another car who hit the wall. Rest of the race went great and I managed to finish in first place after a great overtake in the final lap, only to be reduced to 5th place by the penalty that was still there.

I had that before too on Suzuka, final corner in first place, guy in last place (lapping him) spins out in front of me and crosses the road, can't avoid him and brush his car for 10 sec penalty, reduced to 7th.

Winning by the guy in front having penalties feels worse though, especially since I've seen first hand how unfair these penalties can be.

Then you have the boring victories where for example 3rd takes out 2nd and first runs off the road in the first 2 corners and you build up a lead through the entire race as the people behind are too busy fighting for 2nd place.

Worst, in Bluemoon bay got a 10 sec penalty on the first corner from getting knocked into another car who hit the wall. Rest of the race went great and I managed to finish in first place after a great overtake in the final lap, only to be reduced to 5th place by the penalty that was still there.

I had that before too on Suzuka, final corner in first place, guy in last place (lapping him) spins out in front of me and crosses the road, can't avoid him and brush his car for 10 sec penalty, reduced to 7th.

Winning by the guy in front having penalties feels worse though, especially since I've seen first hand how unfair these penalties can be.

Then you have the boring victories where for example 3rd takes out 2nd and first runs off the road in the first 2 corners and you build up a lead through the entire race as the people behind are too busy fighting for 2nd place.

On the other hand, I think that the most satisfying finishes are the ones where you qualify say.... 6th and, due to pit stops, you come out first... But they have more pace. And you just narrowly win!

And I feel terrible for the guy. He most definitely deserved the win.... But like I said, he did ram- well, a light tap would be a better word.

You chose your thread title ... and you feel terrible for the guy, so I assume you know it wasn't the coolest move.
The Daniel Ricciardo moves ( I like him btw ) you refer to are surprising and spectacular but not great imo. I haven't seen one of them, the other car had not to slow down massively to avoid contact.

Anyway, without a replay we all just can speculate ... we shouldn't though.

I was a bit worried about your "A win's a win"-statement, or did you set the question-mark 'cos you're unsure here ?
To me, a dirty win is no win, it's a shame !

You chose your thread title ... and you feel terrible for the guy, so I assume you know it wasn't the coolest move.
The Daniel Ricciardo moves ( I like him btw ) you refer to are surprising and spectacular but not great imo. I haven't seen one of them, the other car had not to slow down massively to avoid contact.

Anyway, without a replay we all just can speculate ... we shouldn't though.

I was a bit worried about your "A win's a win"-statement, or did you set the question-mark 'cos you're unsure here ?
To me, a dirty win is no win, it's a shame !

I am a bit unsure. Yes, it was a sketchy move, but albeit a successful one. And yes, you are right, a dirty win is no win!

I am a bit unsure. Yes, it was a sketchy move, but albeit a successful one. And yes, you are right, a dirty win is no win!

Your 'success' was to get ahead of the leading car and win the race. You'd have had the same result with just pushing him wide. If that kind of 'success' is all that counts, there's no need for this thread at all ... just go and enjoy ;) !

Sooooo, I qualified 4th for the Gr.3 race at Suzuka the other day. Passed 3rd and 2nd with no issue through the first lap. On the final lap, 1st was slowing and I saw a chance. On turn 17 in the Casio Triangle I tried to pull of a move, ah la Daniel Ricciardo at Monza on Kimi. It worked to my surprise! Albeit, they turned into me, ah la Schumacher on Villneve in 1997 and spun into the wall. I went onto win and he went to place 5th. I felt kinda bad for the guy, and I felt kinda bad for myself. But a win's a win.... right?

Y'all gotta up replays up from what happened. We all have the ability to download sharefactory on PS4

Wait.. Exact thing happened to me.. Was that you? Last corner bump me out I come 5th

Now this is gonna be fun to watch!

2 sides to every story, and the second side has entered the ring :)

I have a feeling this was a dive bomb move forcing the leader off the track. The OP wouldn't have made the thread otherwise. "Turn into me" to me means "I made myself room on a gap that was always reducing".

Ding ding, round 1.

2 sides to every story, and the second side has entered the ring :)

I have a feeling this was a dive bomb move forcing the leader off the track. The OP wouldn't have made the thread otherwise. "Turn into me" to me means "I made myself room on a gap that was always reducing".

Ding ding, round 1.
As far as I remember I did leave a gap in the inside. I was using the bonnet cam so couldn't really see a dive bomb. I might have a replay saved though on my ps4. Needs more investigation. It's racing though I don't really mind it. I think I won 6-7 races that day on Suzuka. So all's well. But 1st thing is I have to make sure this is the same one I was talking about. See you guys later post investigation

Here is the incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I remember I did leave a gap in the inside. I was using the bonnet cam so couldn't really see a dive bomb. I might have a replay saved though on my ps4. Needs more investigation. It's racing though I don't really mind it. I think I won 6-7 races that day on Suzuka. So all's well. But 1st thing is I have to make sure this is the same one I was talking about. See you guys later post investigation

Well it's very unlikely as the guy who hit you is from the UK and the OP is apparently from America, doesn't take the greatest detective skills to work it out. Also what he described is nothing like the incident you posted except that it is at the same corner.

Well it's very unlikely as the guy who hit you is from the UK and the OP is apparently from America, doesn't take the greatest detective skills to work it out. Also what he described is nothing like the incident you posted except that it is at the same corner.
Yes.. Like I said I wanted to confirm. And once I did I felt ill just to share it here for others who were following. Sorry for the bad detective skills!

Here is the incident.

Man the physics in this game for collisions are so bad hahaha like what the hell, it’s like watching snooker balls collide :lol:

Here is the incident.

Sorry about the late respond
But ah, nope, that was most definitely not me. As others said, I live in the states, not Europe.

This one, which I have posted before left me feeling pretty guilty. The pass at the end was the end of the ninth lap and I held on to win.

I felt bad for Duck today. We were having a great battle at Nurb, but a backmarker got in his way in the last lap, and I was able to avoid the mess. I won the race, because I think that handling backmarkers is part of the race... Even though Duck was clearly NOT guilty.

But it would be a great finish if we had been able to battle until the end.

I was getting out of the hill @ Bathurst with my Scirrocco gr4 on first place in a otherwise perfect race: Qualified in 5th place and took lead by using pit strategy, nice and easy, no contacts or penalties at all, perfectly clean race..

Then I had to answer my phone, without giving to much thought about it I kept racing with one hand in the controller to keep accelerating on the straight and threw my car on the dirt at the final chicane so I could slow down for the corner...

...I got 25 seconds of penalty for doing that, finished in 1st but my penalty added up and throw me down to 6th place.
My DR went from high C to low D, SR went from C to high E.

I almost cursed my boss on the other side of the phone call...

Even worse, later by using the replay function, I calculated that if I had just paused the game I would lose about 4 positions, but I would finish in 5th which wouldn't make me lose DR since that was my qualifying position, I wouldn't lose DR and SR because of the penalties.

My worst one was a daily race at Tokyo Expressway (inner/outer loop, can't remember which one). I had qualified 2nd and the rolling start had me outpacing pole down into turn one on the inside. I understeered a little, and gave him a tap, sending him into the wall. I felt bad about it, but continued on and gained an easy victory.

It's only after watching the replay (I can't seem to upload it, gt sport keeps timing out) that I saw what happened. The poor guy ended up in 3rd after the first corner, behind the most erratic blocker I have ever seen. He must have been cursing this guy the whole race, and that bloody kiwi who slammed into him at the first corner.

Back