Worst You've Dealt With Online...

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05
Since it became such a popular thread in the Gran Turismo section of GTPlanet, let's bring it over to the Forza section. What kind of nutcases, trolls, or short-tempered individuals have you dealt with online? Please no naming and shaming (in other words, don't post gamer tags). Let's start.

Was in a Virus tag lobby, and had a guy in a putrid red chrome and black Cadillac Limo ramming me into oblivion for absolutely no reason. After I escaped his grasp, he targeted an innocent 49 Mercury coupe and began to grief him. Using my Limo, I slammed into the griefer Limo, and proceeded to pin him to the wall. I even got tagged, and yet I held him there to prevent anymore trouble. After the game, I left, reported his gamertag, and found a new lobby. Maybe I was wrong for ramming the rammer, but I was only coming to the defense of the innocent Mercury coupe, and the Evo 6 that he was targeting next.

I haven't been online much, so have avoided much of what had been going on, but yesterday I rammed somebody from behind, on purpose. Was in a three heat drag race. Had the faster car, so made it interesting by giving him a head start. First race I gave him enough for him to win. Second race I came back and won by a margin. Third race he seemed to catch on to what I was doing and he tried to block me. Sat himself right into my lane, probably looking in the back mirror seeing where I was going, but instead of trying to win I kept speeding up as much as possible and drove straight into his back, pretty much kicking him over the line in 1st. I hope he had rumble on.

Edit: Forgot to say, was paired against him again in the same session, put my foot down straight away, ready to smoke him, but he quit before I could even cross the line.

Last edited:
Too, too many to know where to start. Just when I think I've seen the dirtiest, most cynical move ever, I see another that ramps up the (so, so want to swear here) level another notch :crazy::eek::irked:

I had a go at Leagues and every race was a ram fest. If I was overtaking someone nine out of ten times they would bash the rear trying to make me spin out. I had a race where I was about to win and on the last hairpin I slowed down, the guy coming in second literally crashed as fast as possible against me. I ended up against the barriers and he went on to win the race, I was furious!

Lately I've only been doing all ghost races, can be a pain sometimes to see but at least nobody can ram you (although I've seen them try haha!).

Ever done an R class race on reverse Rio with a full lobby? Because I feel like I need therapy after that traumatic event.

One thing that would fix this game is ghosting all cars for the first 30 seconds of a race. Just long enough for everyone to get moving and to get away from the guy in the van.

So far I have only tried the C Class hopper and only ran a few races in it. I've not really tuned a car up for C class circuits yet so I was not very fast in the few cars I tried out there. There were of course glitched RX3s in the mix, people quitting after the first mistake and cars flying around everywhere. They way they have did the ghosting it can be very difficult to see when a group of cars are together. The races were short and on tracks I really was not that keen on running. The lobby was dead silent for a while then one guy comes in with something going on in the background possibly a TV or something that was rather annoying so I muted him then finally someone said something but it seemed like he was a kid trying to act cool or something and was just annoying so I turned down the volume during the race.

All in all is was not a good experience. I miss the online from Forza 2 so much, I hate hoppers with a passion and still can't believe that T10 thinks this is better than what they had in FM2. 2 was by far the best I have played in terms of online racing. I met so many good people to race with and had so many nights of good racing it is hard to count. Then on 3 they removed the ability to create public lobbies and added hoppers in their place, many of the good players quit playing just for that reason. They also removed the ability to tune while in the lobby which was another huge let down for me and most of the guys I raced with. In 4 they did give us back the ability to create a public lobby but by then many people had gotten somewhat used to the hoppers and not nearly as many people played in the custom lobbies so it was hard to get a good race going and now they have removed the ability to create them again so IMO the online not nearly as good as it was in Forza 2.

I do like that they have the ghost league and they have the C Class running as ghosts. They should have every class setup to run both with collisions and without. That would make it a bit better. They should also have themed hoppers and some that feature longer races. As is I have only been in a few hopper races in FM3,4 and now 6 but I have yet to get into a single race that was worth the time of entering where as in Forza 2 I had 100s upon 100s of great races in public lobbies.

They should have every class setup to run both with collisions and without.
I agree. That's the enjoyable part about League play. Usually there is a non collision event and a collision event. Plus they just added the non collision C class hopper to the mp this week. The hopper will most likely update and improve every week depending on community feedback. I stated this a long time ago but the hoppers in Forza ALWAYS start with basically nothing and constantly improve over time.

Overall the mp for F6 has been a fun experience for me. Generally the jerks that bump people usually get vote kicked out of the room. I always HIGHLY suggest using your headset for the mp. That way if you do accidentally bump someone, an apology will go a long way. Or if you do bump someone off, pull over and let them get back on the track. Plus its easier to communicate who to kick when the race is over.

While it is nice to aim for first place, I always aim to race as clean as possible.

Last edited:
Apart from the obvious ramming and people using the ridiculously fast RX3 I've generally had good experiences.

One experience that comes to mind is a guy telling me I take the game too seriously because I tune my own cars. Fair enough it might be too serious for him but he then went on to say that his mate does tuning setups but that's ok because he's trying to make the car faster. :dunce: What did he think I was trying to do?

Bit of a bump, but worth it imo...

In a ghost league race the other day, I was overtaking someone down the start/finish straight at Catalunya

As I got alongside him, he made a massive swerve towards me to try and take me out. In a ghost race!

Hahahahaaaa, what a loon :lol:

Bit of a bump, but worth it imo...

In a ghost league race the other day, I was overtaking someone down the start/finish straight at Catalunya

As I got alongside him, he made a massive swerve towards me to try and take me out. In a ghost race!

Hahahahaaaa, what a loon :lol:

As I recall, people complained about ghosting being broken the other day, maybe he gave it a shot. lol

There's one thing I need to add here. When my kids are around I'm generally forced to mute other players, as the language used online is not something I'd like them to hear. Edit: Oh, hang on, this was the "worst" thread, well, the other day I was in a session that featured a large range of swear words we really don't need to hear.

Last edited:
Back