Would anyone be interested in a Tuning Shop for top speed/drag tunes?

Would anyone be interested in a Tuning Shop for top speed/drag tunes?

• Sure!

• Nah...

Results are only viewable after voting.
United Kingdom
London
DEAD_DULLAH123
hyperspeed980
The reason I ask, instead of simply posting tunes without question, is because there seems to be a whole lot less appeal for the drag racing subculture than there was back in the GT5/GT6 days.

Not to mention the complete lack of a drag racing subforum (or a drifting subforum, although I was never really into that) for GT7. Possibly due to the lack of meaningful reward for these activities, as well as the state of lobbies, although that topic's probably been discussed more than the Queen of England at this point. :lol:

So I ask you, tuners and racers of GTPlanet, if a tuning shop dedicated to 1/4 and Route X drag tunes would be of interest to you. If the post gets enough traction, I'll happily set up shop and revive the HRC Motorsports name with a new goal in mind. If not, well... at least I asked kindly, right? :P

The reason I ask, instead of simply posting tunes without question, is because there seems to be a whole lot less appeal for the drag racing subculture than there was back in the GT5/GT6 days.

Not to mention the complete lack of a drag racing subforum (or a drifting subforum, although I was never really into that) for GT7. Possibly due to the lack of meaningful reward for these activities, as well as the state of lobbies, although that topic's probably been discussed more than the Queen of England at this point. :lol:

So I ask you, tuners and racers of GTPlanet, if a tuning shop dedicated to 1/4 and Route X drag tunes would be of interest to you. If the post gets enough traction, I'll happily set up shop and revive the HRC Motorsports name with a new goal in mind. If not, well... at least I asked kindly, right? :P
YouTube Johnnysdvr he’s tuning cars to there maximum

I would love to have a thread for ideas to tune for top speed without drafting anyone, 0 wind, and just on the straights. I watched a few of Johnnysdvr top speed tune videos. His tunes are ok. Most of the time he is just bump drafting other cars and possibly has slipstream set to strong.

Few of my cars top speed in MPH, no drafting, 0 wind, and 10x NoS

Silvia S13 - 328
Rx7 - 309
300Zx - 308
180SX - 307
Corvette ZR1 C6 - 302
Veyron - 301
Aventador LP750 - 298

I find that only putting REAR aero part type B and NOT the front aero parts on most cars does help with top speed. Also wingless option, increase body ridgity, Active LSD (on some cars). No widebody. Maybe??? cause my widebody RX7 is faster than my other 1 without widebody with the same exact tune. Same is true for my Silvia. Not true for several of my other cars. No widebody does help on most, like my Nismo GTR. It does 299 but for some reason the steering becomes unresponsive at high speeds and it will start turning on its own. It's not my controller. I have no assist on. It doesn't have widebody. I took off the rear aero and it doesn't do it anymore but it's also like 20mph slower. With rear aero installed, I increased the front natural frequency and it doesn't turn on its own but it doesn't do 299. Only 296. (Hey, ,, ,,, 3 more mph helps lol.)

0 wind speed. I always run 0 wind speed to see what cars really do. Also do you know if custom wide offset rims, stock wide offset rims, sizes or any of that makes much of a difference?

0 wind speed. I always run 0 wind speed to see what cars really do. Also do you know if custom wide offset rims, stock wide offset rims, sizes or any of that makes much of a difference?
That's funny I'll be testing this next. I'll let you know my results.

Back