Would anyone like to share their experience of 24 hrs race in B-spec???

• Thread starter tony1013
  • 17 comments
HI!Everone!
I just finished at the fifth place in Circuit de la Sarthe 24 hrs B- spec race.
I am confidence that my favourite MINOLTA TOYOTA 88C-V RACE CAR '89 will win this race. Unfortunately, it seems like Real madrid at UEFA. :nervous:
What must particular attention be paid in advance ?:yuck:
& where can i find the relevant race report?

Please don't hesitate to give me some advice during these ****ing race!!!

I recently ran the Sarthes II (long straight with no chicanes) endurance with the Minolta Toyaota 88C-V, and I found that for most of the race, 2 problems had to be balanced out.

At speed 2 and above, the 88C-V crashes 60% of the time on the long straight, losing up to 20 seconds each time this happens. At speed 1 though, it does not pull enough of a lead over the other cars to cancel out the more frequent pitstops it needs (I was running with a stage 4 turbo).

Eventually, from 3 minutes behind at the 16 hour mark, I was able to win by 3 minutes by racing most the track on speed 3, then switching to speed 1 for the long straight.

I also found that running hards (R2) on the front and super hards (R1) at the rear gave Claes (my B-Spec driver) much better handling, reducing mistakes and lowering lap times. I think most people would ditch the turbo, as I think the slower laptimes would be outweighed by reduced pit frequency then. Not sure though.

If it helps, the Mazda 787B was the best of my opponents, mostly because it only had to pit every 9 laps. The Sauber C9 finished about 2 minutes behind it, because although it was slightly faster in lap times, it had to pit more frequently (every 8 laps). The fastest (in terms of best lap times) opponent was the Nissan R92CP, which was ahead of the C9 for the early part of the race, despite pitting more often (7 lap stints), but after about 10 hours it kept crashing on the long straight (like the 88C-V does), and eventually finished in last, 6 laps down.

Hope that helps. 👍

Thank for your help!
but i don't want to sit in front of the television 24 hrs constantly,
or check it regularly after a certain period of time.

So how about your time management???

Well mine is simple, I turn it on and go to sleep wake up go to work or just go about my day and comeback at around the same time the next day and I win....

I just finished Circuit de la Sarthe 24 II today and won the bentley speed 8 :)
I used the Audi R8 with super hard tyres and stage 4 turbo upgrade. I raced in A-spec until i had to pit 3 times to get some distance between the other cars. I was 2mins+ ahead. I set it to Bspec after and went to bed. Later the following evening it was ahead by 4 laps.

before this i tried the minolta and the nissan R92CP but i found that i could not control them on the big straight and i kept smacking into the walls.

for the Circuit de la Sarthe 24 i used the minolta and B-speced the whole thing.

HI!Everone!
I just finished at the fifth place in Circuit de la Sarthe 24 hrs B- spec race.
I am confidence that my favourite MINOLTA TOYOTA 88C-V RACE CAR '89 will win this race. Unfortunately, it seems like Real madrid at UEFA. :nervous:
What must particular attention be paid in advance ?:yuck:
& where can i find the relevant race report?

Take your Minolta Toyota 88C-V and enter it in the Nurb 24 hour, B-spec. You'll win by bunches of laps. Then use the Formula Gran Turismo you win to B-spec the Sarthe enduros. You'll win Sarthe II by 8 laps or so against any field, and Sarthe I by a dozen or so. Piece of cake, really.

Take your Minolta Toyota 88C-V and enter it in the Nurb 24 hour, B-spec. You'll win by bunches of laps. Then use the Formula Gran Turismo you win to B-spec the Sarthe enduros. You'll win Sarthe II by 8 laps or so against any field, and Sarthe I by a dozen or so. Piece of cake, really.

What is the problem of Minolta Toyota 88C-V during Sarthe enduros???

... where can i find the relevant race report?

Race reports can be found here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79188

Heighten your ride as it will crash in to the wall on the long straight regularly if you don't. No need for additional power.

Now, now, there's no need for that kind of language.

Better yet A-spec the race or keep an eye out whilst Bspeccing it.
Where's the fun in playing a game if you're not playing it.

AMG.

What is the problem of Minolta Toyota 88C-V during Sarthe enduros???

Oh, the 88C-V can get the job done, it's just a lot easier with the FGT.

Unless you're talking about the infamous Sarthe Glitch, it's well-documented on this site; just do a search.

In Sarthe II 24hrs, i used the Chaparral 2J with a little more power :indiff: it's a little monster:dunce: , in 24hrs Nurbs, i used the Suzuki SXR-4 and the Amuse S2000 R1 👍
Bos is @ 8491 points, machine skill 95, battle 85 and ?? 84 and he still hits the back of the car a few times, before he attemps to pass on one right, only to slow down and try to pass on the left or viceversa :grumpy: who tought this ***** to drive?? I can't seem to find other cars for any race that will improve the B-Spec points, help pls :banghead:

It`s no prob winning the 24h LeMansin b-spec if you just set up the car right. If the car crashes at the straight just lower downforce a bit. Mybe hard fronttyres and superhard rears. Most cars will run best on medium speed (3).

I tried my FGT on Sarthe1 & 2 on bspec and it just wasnt happening. The tyres were burining out after like 2 laps. especially the rear tyres, my b-spec fool couldnt keep it on the track it span out so easily. Is there anyway you can change the tires on the FGT at all, and if so where? I also tried my R92CP on Sarthe, using hard and super hard tires again on bspec and i was still pitting more than the other cars :irked: :irked: if ne1 can help plz do. i need that bentley and r8 BADLY! :)

I tried my FGT on Sarthe1 & 2 on bspec and it just wasnt happening. The tyres were burining out after like 2 laps. especially the rear tyres, my b-spec fool couldnt keep it on the track it span out so easily. Is there anyway you can change the tires on the FGT at all, and if so where? I also tried my R92CP on Sarthe, using hard and super hard tires again on bspec and i was still pitting more than the other cars :irked: :irked: if ne1 can help plz do. i need that bentley and r8 BADLY! :)

It sounds like you were running on pace 5 (push). Try it again on pace 3. You should get four laps at Sarthe I and five at Sarthe II between tire changes, without crashing at all except possibly for an occasional Sarthe Glitch on the long straight. You should be getting 3'14 and 3'15 lap times on Sarthe I and 3'06s or so on Sarthe II. Right now on my race in progress the FGT has a best lap of 3'04.424 and the second place Sauber has a best of 3'12.040.

As it happens, I ran Sarthe I just last night/this morning and am currently running Sarthe II. My FGT beat the R92CP by 17 laps and right now four hours into Sarthe II, the FGT is about one and a half lap ahead of the Sauber Mercedes.

I am using default settings and pace 3.

And no, you can't buy different tires for the FGT :yuck: nor can you change the oil. On the other hand it never loses horsepower and the chassis never wears out.

Give it another go, and good luck.

Thanks Bob, ill keep it on 3, i usually use 4 and leave overtake on. Maybe the overtake command has a similar effect on your driver as 5. well thanks again for your help Bob, ill keep an eye on events, and let you guys know the outcome:tup: .

Thanks Bob, ill keep it on 3, i usually use 4 and leave overtake on. Maybe the overtake command has a similar effect on your driver as 5. well thanks again for your help Bob, ill keep an eye on events, and let you guys know the outcome:tup: .

Oh, right, leave overtake on. Overtake has no effect on pace at all. If the car is behind another car the driver will attempt to use the "passing line" which hopefully results in it overtaking the car ahead. If it's off the car will follow the "racing line". If there's a slower car ahead the car will not attempt to overtake, but may do so if the slower car leaves the racing line, ie, crashes.

There is an art to using the pace and overtake in a race and it is sometimes necessary to change them frequently as the situation dictates in something like the Opel Speedster races where the competition is very close. But for the enduros I just pretty much set it and forget it.

If you are going to B-spec the whole thing, you might find this and this useful. The short version of these lists are: use a Sauber Mercedes C9 if you are going to B-spec!

The pace may be too high, but the FGT also wears its rear tyres out very quickly because the rear toe (suspension settings) is set to -6 or something. Change this to -1 and rear tyre life improves significantly. Personally I found my b-spec driver to be fastest on pace 5 at Sarthe 2, simply because he crashed as often on 3 but was then slower around the rest of the lap. In the 24h though 3 in the FGT should be fine because it is so much faster than the competition.

Back