would custom firmware cause me a problem

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Warwick Uni
lbsf1 GTP_lbsf1
obsmu (my brothers acount)
I'm thinking of hacking my psp. However wondered. Will it stop you being able to change the savadate to gt5 to transfer the cars.

Also I only have 1 memory card that has all my savadata on it. If i change this memory card so it is hacked will it lose my savadata.

Even if i buy another memory card and hack that one will i be able to play the data from the old memory card now the system is hacked.

Could anyone who has custom firmware and understands it please explain it to me because i am quite confused.

I'm thinking of hacking my psp. However wondered. Will it stop you being able to change the savadate to gt5 to transfer the cars.

Also I only have 1 memory card that has all my savadata on it. If i change this memory card so it is hacked will it lose my savadata.

Even if i buy another memory card and hack that one will i be able to play the data from the old memory card now the system is hacked.

Could anyone who has custom firmware and understands it please explain it to me because i am quite confused.
NO, the savedata isn't "hacked", the save data is just the same as if you saved it on an official firmware.
Oh and someone lock this thread.

You might have a problem when transferring cars to gt5 due to the CFW and OFW gap. Cause right now i have 5.00m33 and you cant play online games that are used with sony cause it asks you to update your firmware. Thats the only problem i see right now.

You might have a problem when transferring cars to gt5 due to the CFW and OFW gap. Cause right now i have 5.00m33 and you cant play online games that are used with sony cause it asks you to update your firmware. Thats the only problem i see right now.

Ok then i probably won't hack it untill after i have transfered the cars.

PSPEnabler ;)

Its getting those games that wont work, to work on PSN ;)

Oh and someone lock this thread.
Thanks Mr. Moderator!

Anyways, so long as you update to the most current custom firmware (5.50 GEN-D3), you shouldn't have any problem with GT:M at the moment. It will run natively.
You might have problems with some of your other saves (it is a game-by-game basis), but they would be easily fixable.
As far as connecting to PSN with the XMB, you won't be able to do that, but in between now and whenever GT5 comes out there may be a fix for that. And if there isn't, you could just update back to OFW to transfer your cars.

CFW has been known to cause issues while doing Ad-Hoc party races so that's another thing to look out for.

i have 5.50gen d2, and it worx perfectly.
everything will be wiped of ur MS, but just copy it all to ur computer beforehand, and then paste it back on after

Back