Would love to see A-Spec seasonal events in GT6

United States
Warren, MI
SonofDestinyX
Feel free to chime in on this or support this thread as necessary, but I would absolutely love to see actual A-Spec seasonal events in GT6 like they have done in GT5 with big payouts like they have done with some of the GT6 time trial seasonal events.

With the GT6 seasonal events, doing time trials seems to get old after a while, especially since it's like some of the license tests all over again. Who agrees with me on this?

I could not agree more. The time trial events seem random and are not as fun as the A-spec events were in GT5. instead of making the career seem longer with more diverse and interesting themed events, they are just a quick challenge I only ever do once for the credit payout. The A-spec races were fun and i would not rest until they all were completed, no matter what the rewards were. A-spec challenges seemed more thought out.

They'll be back. Once the percentage of players into the Super License Events reaches some threshold, they'll release A-Spec races. I'm still in International A and having fun with it. No rush.

I guarantee you they'll supply us with plenty of opportunities to use most every car in the game. Especially the Formula GT and X2014.

They're also in line to release B-Spec and I imagine that would have to include new content like Endurance that would be playable in A and B Spec.

If GT5 is any measure of what they intend (I presume it to be) there will be. You just have to be patient while they complete the major components missing at release. The time trials may not satisfy your desire for repeatable race events (ie, ASpec), but they are after all freebies. I can't speak for you or anyone else, but for me, focusing PD's company efforts towards adding the course maker and community features are far more important than providing free adders like ASpec seasonal races.

The one thing you run into after finishing International B is a lack of unique races. Everything is 5 laps with around 650PP limit & race hard tires over and over. And since the game doesn't give you that much money you can't just go hog wild buying different race cars so you don't have that much variety there either. More than anything that's why I'm looking forward to seasonal A spec races to make up for that.

Looks like i'll have to put the GT5 disc back in as they've just got a new seasonal event ("La Festa Cavallino") ... or i could knuckle down and do the last few Endurance races in GT6 as that's all i have left .... oh and the Vettel stuff ... must get round to that too ... lol :nervous:

I prefer time trials. The AI's lines and braking points usually catch me off guard and pisses me off. Much like the Redbull challenges.

Looks like i'll have to put the GT5 disc back in as they've just got a new seasonal event ("La Festa Cavallino") ... or i could knuckle down and do the last few Endurance races in GT6 as that's all i have left .... oh and the Vettel stuff ... must get round to that too ... lol :nervous:
GT6 endurances? is that in a new update? I would love to do some actual endurance races instead of the short 24 minute races (which are pretty much just rain events.)

GT6 endurances? is that in a new update? I would love to do some actual endurance races instead of the short 24 minute races (which are pretty much just rain events.)

No sorry ... not new true endurance ... just the ones you mention in the "Super" jobbie.

I'd like to see a 'one track week' e.g. week 1 Silverstone: pp500 time trial and pp650 time trial. A head to head race, e.g Ferrari 360 vs Aston Martin V* Vantage (vs CPU race) over 2 laps.

'The Silverstone Challenge' (race 5 different cars in a day, over time trial with various conditions, all the times are added together for the ultimate time).

Races e.g. Audi challenge, all the cars on the Grid are Audi's (very similar pp) and touring cars race with qualifying, and pit stops.

The 'Silverstone classic challgenge'. Time trial from a car in the 60's. The historic race and a quarter circuit challenge (similar to Goodword challeng)

Yeah Seasonal A spec races please... Sure they will come, they just aren`t ready yet...Somebody mentioned B-spec and course makers??? NO THANKS... B-spec is stupid, and takes up drive space on my 40GB ps3... Course maker wasn`t funny in my opinion...Never ever used it, and You really couldt create a course anyway...

Any news on the app and course maker, heard we are going to be able to use app with gps and plot the course we drive?

Back