Would people be willing to help ?

United States
United States
theblacktaco
I want to conduct some research about gran turismo 6. I am a senior in college and I am also an avid gamer. I know this is a brand new account but can say I have lurked these forums to look for tunes and read other various interesting threads ,however I never really felt the urge to post anything. That is until now.

I am wondering if I could get possibly 80 people to try and set a lap time on one track with one specific car. (possibly a seasonal event time trial) After that is done I would like them to conduct an online survey about their experience. ( should take no less than 5 minutes). For reasons that will jeopardize my study I cannot tell you what the survey is about.

So users of gt planet. Do you think I could get 80 people? Do you think I could make it into a big race and organize the same online race each week so people can play. Or would a good way to do it is to use a race that is a seasonal event so people would already have raced on track with the same car.

People also being honest about their lap time is important to the study so I hope I can trust everyone and weed out the trolls.

I will also make all the data available for everyone to look at after the results are in and I can also post my final write up of this after I finish it, if people are interested.

I want to conduct some research about gran turismo 6. I am a senior in college and I am also an avid gamer. I know this is a brand new account but can say I have lurked these forums to look for tunes and read other various interesting threads ,however I never really felt the urge to post anything. That is until now.

I am wondering if I could get possibly 80 people to try and set a lap time on one track with one specific car. (possibly a seasonal event time trial) After that is done I would like them to conduct an online survey about their experience. ( should take no less than 5 minutes). For reasons that will jeopardize my study I cannot tell you what the survey is about.

So users of gt planet. Do you think I could get 80 people? Do you think I could make it into a big race and organize the same online race each week so people can play. Or would a good way to do it is to use a race that is a seasonal event so people would already have raced on track with the same car.

People also being honest about their lap time is important to the study so I hope I can trust everyone and weed out the trolls.

I will also make all the data available for everyone to look at after the results are in and I can also post my final write up of this after I finish it, if people are interested.
You might struggle to get that many participants but I'm intrigued at least 👍
Trying to organise anything substantial using online services is a bit like herding cats so I recommend the experiment be set up as simply as possible and be available to as many users as possible.

You might struggle to get that many participants but I'm intrigued at least 👍
Trying to organise anything substantial using online services is a bit like herding cats so I recommend the experiment be set up as simply as possible and be available to as many users as possible.

Okay. So I'm thinking the best bet is to use whatever a seasonal event is running at that time with a track that fits my needs for the study. Keep it simple and stupid KISS

Okay. So I'm thinking the best bet is to use whatever a seasonal event is running at that time with a track that fits my needs for the study. Keep it simple and stupid KISS
A seasonal would be a good setting, just be sure to be clear and specific about testing conditions (car/tune/aids etc.) 👍

I understand. I can recruit a couple people I perosnally know plus also post this to some gran turismo 6 reddit subreddits. any other popular gt6 forums that I should know of ?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-seasonal-events/
There will be a thread posted here, making friends in there should pick up testers

Im in, but i have one question. How would I do the online survey?

It would probally be a google survey. Don't worry there will be another thread with the guidelines and survey link in the upcoming weeks when my research is going to begin. Right now I'm just getting a feeling for the communities interest and any ideas they may have.

It would probally be a google survey. Don't worry there will be another thread with the guidelines and survey link in the upcoming weeks when my research is going to begin. Right now I'm just getting a feeling for the communities interest and any ideas they may have.
Gotcha ;)

A seasonal would be a good setting, just be sure to be clear and specific about testing conditions (car/tune/aids etc.) 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-seasonal-events/
There will be a thread posted here, making friends in there should pick up testers

This is your best bet right here OP. The Seasonal regulars are posting in the Seasonal forum, this forum is a more random selection.

Sure. I'll be in. I have a suggestion. Make it so participants have to post a screenshot of their lap time, so the data is more credible.

I don't mind helping if your still doing it? im a helpful guy :sly:! haha, seriously, im up for giving you some data.

Sure. I'll be in. I have a suggestion. Make it so participants have to post a screenshot of their lap time, so the data is more credible.
If so then I would bow out, to much hassle capturing a screenshot [can you even do that in GT?], transferring it to the pc and then uploading it.

Take it with your phone. Simpler.
I suppose it would be if I had a cell phone but....
Anyway I think that requiring a screenshot is a bad idea and would do little to validate anything. Yes it would show the time but then you have all the possibilities of the car being outside the guidelines that could skew the time anyway and you are still left with trusting the person.

I suppose it would be if I had a cell phone but....
Anyway I think that requiring a screenshot is a bad idea and would do little to validate anything. Yes it would show the time but then you have all the possibilities of the car being outside the guidelines that could skew the time anyway and you are still left with trusting the person.
No such thing. OP said he'll be doing this in a seasonal event. [Like maybe a VGT Time trial]

I'm in, just message me the details.

Well if it were a VGT trial that would be different but in all the others there are just restrictions, one can easily pump the HP way up then crank down the power limiter to reach the max PP and turn faster laps than what could be done with 100% power settings at that PP in that car.

In any case I understand it is to be a survey about the experience not a hot lap competition so adding a screen shot requirement would be of little help and would reduce the pool of people who may give it a shot. I for example would not bother with it if it required uploading images or replays.

alright guys, no offence here, but I think we should discuss this issue in pm's, and not here. I understand it is linked to the thread, but surely we should just let travis know we will happily help him or not, and leave the rules and guidelines to the actual owner. sorry if im mistaken, and honestly guys, this is no offence to you, I just think we are complicating this thread. 👍

Back