Would there be any interest amongst the GT community for a kart race IRL?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
PD_ApexPredator
I live pretty close to one of the top karting circuits in the UK (if not Europe!) and I know at least one of the Brit Nurb World Tour participants lives pretty close by (@force ewerby) , and possibly @mclarenLB too as one of the regional leaderboards for Nations was just him and I xD

This is the track:
2013_Aeriala.jpg

It's near Grantham, Lincolnshire. So I know it could be a bit of a travel for some, but I just thought it could be a nice idea for a load of the community to get together, have a race, and maybe a couple of beers after :cheers:.

Of course anyone would be welcome! But I know people like @adstomko used to race in Super1, SuperGT does Club100 with a few friends of mine, I know @mthomas_95 would be up for it - I reckon we could get a pretty decent grid together!

Anyway just a thought :)

I'd probably be up for it, yeah. Keep me posted on any plans. I'm not particularly good but I enjoy a bit of karting and I've done a few BUKC races in Club100 karts so I feel confident that I would at least not be a hazard. I've never actually made it to PFI but I've heard good things and I'm not far away.

I live pretty close to one of the top karting circuits in the UK (if not Europe!) and I know at least one of the Brit Nurb World Tour participants lives pretty close by (@force ewerby) , and possibly @mclarenLB too as one of the regional leaderboards for Nations was just him and I xD

This is the track:
2013_Aeriala.jpg

It's near Grantham, Lincolnshire. So I know it could be a bit of a travel for some, but I just thought it could be a nice idea for a load of the community to get together, have a race, and maybe a couple of beers after :cheers:.

Of course anyone would be welcome! But I know people like @adstomko used to race in Super1, SuperGT does Club100 with a few friends of mine, I know @mthomas_95 would be up for it - I reckon we could get a pretty decent grid together!

Anyway just a thought :)

Nice idea! However, I will not be in the UK for a long, long time due to my job, so I probably wouldn't be able to come.

Just to add that PF International is my favourite circuit in the UK for karting, so good choice haha. I remember participating in the first week of test days on the extension. Some GP2 drivers and I believe a young Max Verstappen were there. People were really surprised by my pace there because it was during my rookie season. So they actually wanted me to race there the following weekend because I was catching the number 1 team in Super 1 at that track.

you have acquired my attention
:D Just down the road for you ;)
Nice idea! However, I will not be in the UK for a long, long time due to my job, so I probably wouldn't be able to come.
Oh man that's a shame! If we get a decent turnout I'm sure we could organise a round 2 somewhere else in the future, nothing planned yet anyway so no dates.
Just to add that PF International is my favourite circuit in the UK for karting, so good choice haha. I remember participating in the first week of test days on the extension. Some GP2 drivers and I believe a young Max Verstappen were there. People were really surprised by my pace there because it was during my rookie season. So they actually wanted me to race there the following weekend because I was catching the number 1 team in Super 1 at that track.
Nice! Yeah it's an awesome facility in general, love looking around the kart showroom almost as much as the racing :P
Have you been back since? They've leveled off that huge kerb on the left as you go under the bridge from how it was when the extension was originally done - much better now I'd say :)
I love a bit of karting, I've never done it on a track quite like that though! I'd be well up for this depending on the time it takes place, any ideas on when you'd want to do it?
No idea yet, just seeing if the idea is a goer or not :) I'd say we would want a minimum of 10 drivers (otherwise it could be a bit boring on such a big track), they have over 20 karts so max grid would be around 20/22 ish.
Would be good to try for August perhaps? Allows plenty of time for planning. The actual date will depend a lot on what the track has on, they often hold practice sessions for TKM etc so the track is pretty busy,

Depending on the timing, i'd certainly be interested in doing it. I've always been too tall/heavy to be really competitive in karts, but i always enjoy it none-the-less.
Well that's the spirit! I've put on far too much weight lately too so don't worry! In fact on this track the weight isn't much of an issue, I actually think it helps a bit coming over and down the bridge.

Great to see such interest! I'll be at the track next month so I'll see what dates we can do in August and keep you all posted :cheers:

I've always fancied having a go on a proper outdoor circuit instead of the painted concrete in an old factory effort you usually get.

Depending on the timing, i'd certainly be interested in doing it. I've always been too tall/heavy to be really competitive in karts, but i always enjoy it none-the-less.
If it makes you feel better I weigh in at around 100 kg so I'm pretty handicapped when it comes to weight.

Still beat my ass a few years ago.
If it helps, I was probably around 75 kgs back then. It's a shame we couldn't have gone to an outdoor circuit, I recall that the electric karts we drive had some sort of strange traction control which kept you from driving them flat out. Still fun, though!

You could perhaps create a poll to see which circuit would be ideal for everyone who oughts to participate.
Whilton Mill, for example, is just off the motorway whereas PF International, although arguably the better circuit, it is not as easy to get to.

You could perhaps create a poll to see which circuit would be ideal for everyone who oughts to participate.
Whilton Mill, for example, is just off the motorway whereas PF International, although arguably the better circuit, it is not as easy to get to.
Not as easy to get to? This is the 21st century you can get to most places pretty easily.

Although anyone offering a lift from Newark station would have my thanks.

Yeah I was gonna say, it's about 15 mins from the A1, pretty easy! Plus everyone has satnav or Google maps.
Could definitely arrange car pools and the like once we've got firm numbers!

It'll be circa £50, that's what I pay for quali and 3 x15 min sprint races, depends what we opt for and I think that will depend on the numbers so it's hard to say for now.

Assuming I can make it, I'm happy to give a lift to anyone coming from my neck of the woods. Unfortunately I'm currently job hunting I'm not 100% sure that my neck of the woods won't change before August so I can't confirm any lifts yet.

Has there been any news on this at all? Just figuring out if I need to balance my bank account a bit in preparation for it ;)

Still not sure we have a viable grid size just yet, I'd say we need a minimum of 8 but ideally 12+ to make it worthwhile. I don't want to book anything without the numbers but thanks for reminding me! 👍

If I wasn't on the other side of the world I would be so keen!!! It's a shame, really. All the good gokart places here in Auckland are shutting down, one by one. Landlords keep putting the rent on the places up, and the tracks just don't get enough business to keep the act up. :(

If you guys do end up racing, be sure to stick some gopros on the karts or something! I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see the action! :D

Back