Would You Be Okay With Harmless Silly Glitches?

United States
Kentucky
barrett5
BarrettMopar

GT6 offered a very unrealistic and mostly useless glitch that was fairly complicated to achieve, but when done right made for some memorable results.
This glitch required using a glitched track from the editor, a multi step process to initiate it, and once completed made the effected vehicle barely able to turn, and completely unable to move from a standing start, so I highly doubt anyone could use it to their advantage online.
The benefits of the glitch are making cars go incredibly fast, thus making the games physics engine do strange things, and this glitch allowed for track creators to think of new ways to push these cars to their full potential.
With all things considered, this glitch made for a fun change from the otherwise mostly serious racing, without negatively affecting the serious racing.

So my question is, if a glitch like this were to turn up in GT Sport, would you want PD to fix it, or let it stay? I personally would want it to stay because making my Hellcat with a Mopar livery do a wheelie at 500 mph would be awesome!

No one knew that we would get such a weird, wacky, yet wonderful glitch in GT6, so who knows what could happen in GT Sport.

Was it GT3 that had the Pikes Peak rally car downforce glitch, wherein you could practically take off and go a bajillion miles an hour? Fun times. To the OP, yes things like that are certainly laughable, but I wonder how that could affect the online arena. If there's something to exploit in a competitive environment, someone will do it and the rest of us will not be so pleased.

I would want a glitch like this to stay. Just more/different fun to be had in the game, for those that want to do such a thing. I would surely try it at least once :D

Was it GT3 that had the Pikes Peak rally car downforce glitch, wherein you could practically take off and go a bajillion miles an hour? Fun times. To the OP, yes things like that are certainly laughable, but I wonder how that could affect the online arena. If there's something to exploit in a competitive environment, someone will do it and the rest of us will not be so pleased.

There was a glitch like this in GT3. I used the Toyota TS020 GT One car, changed some of the settings in a specific way and took it to the large high-speed oval... at about 200mph the front end would lift completely into the air and the car would blast forward in a completely insane wheelie... my speed record was 1100mph. Lots of fun! Something like this:

Edit: this video is even better:

Last edited:
Given that GT:Sport is "focused" on esports and the majority of the game is to be played online and the fact that it took them the best part of half a decade to make I would expect it to be perfect and properly tested, Its not for lack of development time so no I wouldn't be ok with it.

I'm pretty sure there's a reason why tuning is locked out for competitive play and that they're QA team has discovered a massive trove of insane glitch tunings that made the feature unusable for online play.

As for glitches, I'm pretty sure the loose road cones can be used for something. I hit one last night on Dragon Trail and it made my car do a 4ft high bunny hop into the air.

I had a guy rear end me last night at Maggiore (yes I realise how bad that sounds) I went off the track and he went about 20ft into the air, straight up! Wish I'd recorded it, it was awesome lol

Sounds like we will have opportunities to explore off-track areas as soon as someone finds a hole in the "fence" LOL

Sorry about your rear end :D

I had a guy rear end me last night at Maggiore (yes I realise how bad that sounds) I went off the track and he went about 20ft into the air, straight up! Wish I'd recorded it, it was awesome lol

Propably he got mad thinking that you "break-checked/block" him (or whatever "dirty" move he could think you "did") and went into a "Fly me to the moon" mood/ride in order to calm himself :P

Back