Would You Buy A New 2016 Gran Turismo 4 Game If... ?

• Thread starter PS2 GT4
  • 12 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
If... a new GT4 game disk for the "PS2" came out for 2016-2017 which would simply use your "Current PS2 GT4 Saved Game" on your memory card without problems, but give you a few more options to buy a few of the newer 2014-2016 IMSA cars etc along with a few extra circuits like Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, or whatever, ...Would you buy it... even if it had a $100 price tag...? How 'bout if it ran in 1080P also would you then buy it for $200...? And if it also had a weather and day/night adjustment tool would you then pay $300...? It's OK to dream, and who knows, maybe they'll start making PS2's again, which I highly doubt ! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I play GT4 I get that rush of nostalgia. Then I try to do a celebratory donut and, reality slaps me in the face.

Now if they fixed the physics, and threw in the PS3 premium cars and tracks, and remastered El Capitan... But, it will never happen sadly.

GT4 had the best track list of any of the series so far. If they brought out a remastered GT4 with Bathurst, Spa, modern Nissan GT-Rs, and a day/night cycle, I would pay whatever the price was :D

Last edited by a moderator:
With online option and handling that does not nail towards understeer - sure! Throw in two or three tracks and cars from GT2 and the success is inevitable. I'm sure it would outclass GT6 in terms of sales easily.

I just wish I could play GT4 on my flatscreen :indiff:

Why can't you? I play on a fairly modern 42in Panasonic plasma.
I just use a Scart-to-HDMI converter, which cost about £30 in my local electronics shop (Maplin, to be precise).

Why can't you? I play on a fairly modern 42in Panasonic plasma.
I just use a Scart-to-HDMI converter, which cost about £30 in my local electronics shop (Maplin, to be precise).

There's a significant lag....when turning for example, there is a millisecond lapse between my input and what happens in the game. I tried to adjust to it, but the more I played the more frustrated I got. Does this Scart-to HDMI converter eliminate the lag? Or am I doing something wrong? I have a Sony Bravia, about 2 years old.

I've got a 2008 Toshiba 37" and I've got a composite cable for the PS2. No lag.

Nope. I would start from fresh, and my save from the PS2 is modded on one memory card out of two so no. But if they remastered it or brought it out on PS Store, i would defiantly most likely to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back