Would you consider including an original track from an ancient sim?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 9 comments
United States
California
Sk8er913
This is Chatham, a fictional track from Sports Car GT. It is a very good road course. With close racing, here's a lap around it, clearly it needs a full remake because it was released near Gran Turismo 1. Also, the GUI is very nice and efficient. Would PD consider adding fictional tracks from other games such as this one?
chthm.jpg

Last edited:
Use our GT Suggestions Forums to ask for cars, tracks, or game features. Polyphony Digital is very much aware of these forums and reviews the most popular suggestions from the community. If you want a car, track, or feature in the game, you will do more for it by voting or supporting it in those forums than by flooding the "Kazunori Q&A" forum with requests.

Well this is a specific track example, but the overall question here is, "Would you include fictional tracks from other games in GT?" Specifically outdated games, this one is 15 years old.

Last edited:
Well this is a specific track example, but the overall question here is, "Would you include fictional tracks from other games in GT?"

They have a point, it is just a mere example to explain the meaning of their question.

I do feel that licencing may be an issue. Although a fully flexibility course creater would allow unofficial clones of tracks, real or otherwise.

Well this is a specific track example, but the overall question here is, "Would you include fictional tracks from other games in GT?"
True, but it's only a minor distinction and I'm guessing the mods will just see it as a track request. How about turning it into a request for more PD designed tracks, something most of us would welcome, me included? Perhaps they could be inspired by designs from other games, but I'd really like to see them release the creativity of some of the staff to create tracks that resemble real world environments including some of the risky elements removed from modern race tracks. I like the Matterhorns for example, a great addition to the series, but I'm not a big fan of racing between barriers so I'd like to see some more open layouts with runoffs and traps and such.

There's a big push for tracks from previous games, but I'd like to see them look forward as well as back.

Maybe a clearer "for example" statement would help their case to prevent a mod block. I appreciate your concerns. :bowdown:

I'm not a big fan of racing between barriers so I'd like to see some more open layouts with runoffs and traps and such.

I agree that real circuits such as Spa, Monza and Suzuka as they feel more genuine and going off punishes the offender rather than blocking the track. :cheers:

Half this forum is composed of thinly disguised suggestions in question form. Even respected forumers like @amar212 are posting suggestions for game features.

Indeed. Where do they draw the line? A suggestive question is still a question. A suggestive example to explain a question is referencing a question. If the slightest hint of a suggestion is blocked then the forum would be full of "Do you like cake?", "What's your favourite cheese?" and other ridiculous questions.

On topic please, I don't want my thread to get very off topic.

Hmmm.... reminds me of the Motegi oval with a road course out the end....

Course creator! ;)

This was my favorite track when I was 5, I think I'm going to buy the game again. My disc got corrupted 2002ish. I remember the career mode being awesome to, and that position line on the bottom is incredibly helpful.

Last edited:
Back