Would you devour info or wait for the main course?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stepvan
  • 17 comments
  • 1,652 views
Messages
158
Messages
GTP_stepvan
Hi all, just been thinking lately, what I would do if Sony released GT5 in Japan first. Would I eat up every scrap of information on this site, youtube and others or would I wait patiently for the game to be released in my country?

I think I would try my best to avoid all the information, screen shots and videos etc so I would experience all the surprises first hand.

I would still like to see teaser trailers prior to the official release though.

thanks all.... Steve
 
I'd import it and then have to spend a lot of time on this site looking for translations so I'd end up knowing what the contents are anyway.
 
When GT3 released in Japan, I read a couple of small reviews to gauge its reception, but beyond any official trailers, I stayed clear of it until it released in Europe. I will do the same with GT5 as well if Japan get it well ahead of us.
 
this is the reasons we all come to this forum ,to try and find information out .If you're interested in something its human nature to acquire the info you need .
think of it this way ,if Japan got it first you would be on you tube in a instant trying to find any track/car info as it may give the edge you need to get a head start .
I personally would find out as much as I can if / when Japan get it before the east ,although I would'nt go as far as to import due to the fact that I would feel that I could'nt get the full use out of it because of the language barrier.
 
I'm undecided. I would love to be encumbered with all that GT5 has to offer when the disc is finally in my PS3.

On the other hand, I do visit this site multiple times daily for any new information....So, a world-wide release with solve my dilemma. :sly:
 
Although I would like to be surprised by all the cars and tracks available, I know I probably can't resist soaking up all the available info before getting to play the game.
It is surprising in itself to find out before and hopefully only hightens the expectation.
Maybe if I was reassured everything will be like I hoped it would turn out I would happily crawl under a stone until I got my copy.
The recent interview misunderstanding/mistranslation/whatever saga has got me worried it might not be what I expected and all info which could reassure me to get excited again weigh more heavily now than the surprise element which I'm not sure now is all positive.
 
I try to avoid reading too much on the build up to release, as I do want to be surprised when I play the game. I still remember back when I first played GT1 and GT2 where I spent hours just looking at all the available cars and options before I actually did any racing! Its half the enjoyment of the game for me anyway.
Of course, I do read the odd bit between releases to keep up on what to expect, but I like to have some surprises in the game. For example, its nice to know Lamborghini is going to be in but I'm going to avoid reading up on what exact Lambos are available till I play. Same with race circuits - I know Indy, Daytona and London are definitely in as I've played them but I don't want to know the whole track list.
 
Going back to what I wrote earlier, all I'd need to know is the fact that it was out in Japan, and that we had a release date over here. That would be more than enough to keep my happy, because I want as much of the game to be a surprise as possible, and nothing I read or see beforehand is going to make the game any better.
 
Hopefully it will be a global release.

If not i'd like to think i'd stay away from this site for a while, and certainly if the wait was <2-3 weeks I would just wait. If the Japan release was months before the European release yes, I would devour every scrap of info I would find, even though I know it will ruin the game a little for me. But i'm going to find out sooner or later.
 
Going back to what I wrote earlier, all I'd need to know is the fact that it was out in Japan, and that we had a release date over here. That would be more than enough to keep my happy, because I want as much of the game to be a surprise as possible, and nothing I read or see beforehand is going to make the game any better.


Actually, make it Pleasant Surprises.

The worst memory I had of a GT Series was when I Bought GT4 and didnt know anything about it, then when got into GT Mode got pretty sad, i was expecting lamborghinis at least, racing modification and better car sounds...:indiff:

I just dont want to live that moment again with GT5 :guilty:
 
Actually, make it Pleasant Surprises.

The worst memory I had of a GT Series was when I Bought GT4 and didnt know anything about it, then when got into GT Mode got pretty sad, i was expecting lamborghinis at least, racing modification and better car sounds...:indiff:

I just dont want to live that moment again with GT5 :guilty:
I'd be lying if I said I'd ignore anything and everything, because sure I'd read up on the cars that are in the game, the tracks etc., and even watch a few videos. But, I would not go scrambling for every scrap of information on the game. The key is not not go setting expections that have no basis, that way you should not be disappointed.

Personally, I'd be happy with Prologue just having more cars and tracks, so whatever else they do above and beyond that is bonus material.
 
Yeah I think I would get small bits of information, maybe find out some of the cars and tracks which are included. But I would try to stay away from the content stuff, such as what online is like and all the new stuff that they might be adding to the GT series. And yeah i'm really hoping for a global release as well, if Japan get it weeks before us, like 3+ I won't be very happy.
 
Maybe not every scrap of info, but I'd sure like to know about some things, like how many tracks, what race series etc.
 
I would much prefer it if i didn't have a strange urge to always drool over every slight morsel of info available, but how ever hard i try to avoid it, the more i feel compelled to do so. In the end i spoil it for myself by leaving no surprises whatsoever. :dunce:
 
I really have no idea what I would do until it happens (if a worldwide release doesn't occur). For as long as we've been waiting, avoiding info almost seems hypocritical...I'm just hoping we get a mass amount of info at E3, and that should be enough to hold me over....but no promises that I won't look at anything :D
 
I'll just have a portion of garlic bread if thats alright
 
i myself will eat every once of info apart from the review
 
Back