Would you have liked it better if these rounds were like a realistic qualifying?

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 8 comments

Would you like it better if qualifying for rounds had limited laps?

• Total voters
GT-Motion
Would you like it better if we had 1-10 laps only to post a time and that's it?

I don't think it would benefit me particularly but you know some people hot lap for hours and all night until they nail some magic laps. It feels a bit cheesy haha, there is no pressure really so you can push the car every lap as hard as you want until you find the limit. Wouldn't it be more interesting if every time you spun you took away 1 of your 10 chances to post a time? It would make people drive a bit more conservatively and once your time is locked in your done, no constant hair loss from watching your spot get bumped time after time.

So everyone would wait until Sunday so they could study everyone's lap before making their attempt.

I think the way it's setup gives everyone ample opportunity.

So everyone would wait until Sunday so they could study everyone's lap before making their attempt.

True that.

Also, what GTM suggested is pretty much what Round 4 nationals are anyway. Although they race each other on track. It's about who can learn the track and car combination best, fastest.

I would say that I think they should keep the spirit of time trials going and not have people race against each other in fours but rather do some live rally stage style competition like we did ourselves in GTM's rally room nights.

I would say that I think they should keep the spirit of time trials going and not have people race against each other in fours but rather do some live rally stage style competition like we did ourselves in GTM's rally room nights.

I agree. That'd also eliminate any possible effects of drafting, which is waaaaay too strong in GT5.

Well everyone could practice offline, the point is you will have pressure to make your laps count when being recorded.

Well everyone could practice offline, the point is you will have pressure to make your laps count when being recorded.

What, so there is no pressure when your -.2 going into the last corner to make it to Orlando with minutes left on the clock.

My point is the way they have it for this round ensures the fastest and most dedicated make it to Orlando.

I think a combination of the two would be really cool. Have one pure TT event like what we've seen, and then a "qualifying-esque" event as well. For the qualifying event, maybe have it set up where you've got 3 hour and a half long practice sessions, then one 30 min qualifying at the end where you get to put down your fastest times. Would be very cool in my opinion.

Problem with the 10 lap rule is people will just hit restart right before the finish every time if they know they can run a better lap.

With the way this round ended, there's really no need for a format change. Even people who drove all week were still fighting in the very last minute.

Back