Would you let him pass?

• Thread starter marmz10
  • 22 comments
If you were on a straight line, for example the last part of the Nordschleife, where it becomes straight for like 1.6km, and a car is arriving faster than yo, would you move to let him pass, or would you protect your spot.

P.S: Bare in mind that its a regular race in World Tour, not the last race for a championship.

I wouldn't want to ruin my car, so if i feel that the AI is going to be a bitch and bump me, i would probably let him pass.

Against real people, I'd swerve once, much like the F1 rules allow you to do, nothing more on the same straight. That's usually more than enough to counter a pass by the AI, too. I'd have my reservations about doing it more often if they were driving cleanly throughout most races, but given the way the AI drives, I'd block the hell out of them, that's for sure.

I would block AI, but if playing online I would let the gamer pass me IF he was going noticeably faster. I would hope the player would be so kind as to say "on your left/on your right".

If it's AI, I'd wonder how he got close to me? If it's a person I may let him pass because if I was attempting to pass on a long straightaway and some jerk cut in front of me to cut me off I wouldn't hit the brake to avoid him.

Depends on the situation. I would never move over to let them pass, but I don't necessarily block. You can pretty much get the spot right back in the next corner anyway if we are talking about racing against the AI.

If I'm far away front I'd probably swerve to break the draft but hold my line when they get close. With ai players I would not swerve. I'd just enjoy the battle for position. If I get passed I'd just restart the race and try harder to win cleanly.

For the ai in world tour I would block them but if it was against another human I would let them pass.
Yup same here. Block AI, let real person pass. Its the same with the real life road track events I race at. If the other car is faster, you MUST let them pass. If you block you will be flagged off the track.

Like Luminis said I play by F1 rules...I make one blocking move and then if they can still pass I let them go.

For the ai in world tour I would block them but if it was against another human I would let them pass.

:D

I Always race clean online, Theres not really such a thing as a clean block!! In real racing, F1 stewards may tolerate....but.... Its still not the attitude to have!

What i do hate are ppl that tune to have power like eg: some of the muscle car crowd.. an overtake on a short straight, fully knowing they can not match you in to the corner so you almost SLAM in the back of them, i had a few incidents like that!

If i KNOW i'm not as fast as the guy in front, I wont even try, even if i have the legs on him

Back