Would you support a Driver Rating System in Quick Match?

• Thread starter Xiamoto
  • 13 comments

Would you support a Driver Rating System in Quick Match?

• Total voters

Xiamoto

Premium
United States
United States
There is an opportunity for Gran Turismo to improve Quick Match if they created a Driver Rating System. Based on the number of penalties that a Driver receives over the course of their Quick Match races, the lowest penalized Drivers would be automatically migrated to PD Servers with similarly rated Drivers.

Sounds good, but than PD needs to revise the way penalties are given first.

Is there any official documentation from PD on how the Penalty System operates in various game play modes? Where do you see that the system is flawed?

Is there any official documentation from PD on how the Penalty System operates in various game play modes? Where do you see that the system is flawed?

You think the penalty system in online racing is not flawed???

Is it technically flawed or philosophically flawed? Or both? I have no idea so that's why I am asking the question. I'm here to learn. :dunce:

Sorry, I was a bit quick in my reply. What I meant was that the idea to created a Driver Rating System, based on the number of penalties is excellent. But with the current system it really is hit or miss, as mentioned before.
And not always fair. If someone is crashing into you from behind first corner and pushes you wide you often end up with a penalty yourself. So if PD changes the penalty system I would like a system as you mentioned. But I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

I still prefer to race with a couple of "friends" who drive clean. Luckely I have a whole lot of people in my friend list from the shuffle GT5 time, who all switched to GT6 by now. So I can race every evening with stock cars, without srf/tc, on normal tyres and as clean as possible.

............If someone is crashing into you from behind first corner and pushes you wide you often end up with a penalty yourself......

For the car that crashes into you from behind, does anyone know what factors influence #1) whether the car is allowed to hit you and physically alter your course or, #2) whether the car turns into a ghost and drives through you?

My experience in Quick Match is that the behavior of the leading car additionally influences whether #1 or #2 occurs.

I've never really tried Quick Match. (I went into a room once just to watch & it was a dog show.) Is it possible to set up a Quick Match room for 'friends only'?

Sure, why not. They should do it across the board. It would make things more fun for everyone, because it is boring killing the field in a random room and I'm sure it is boring to get your doors blown of by someone. It would probably nix out a lot of 1st turn horse crap, too. At least at some levels to an extent. When you get a mixed room, over half the time, there is a decent collision at T1. Based on our online results, our ranking goes up...which would work great, because if you are beating nearly everyone in x pool, you should be moved up to compete with better drivers, as you have improved. At the same time, it wouldn't be brutal or unfair, because it is not as if people would be penalized like in some sims or demoted. I think that would benefit everyone. Very good idea.

I don't see anyone complaining that they can't race with people that will dance around them. Some people may get mad about not being able to race with faster drivers, in regards to it pushing them out of their comfort zones and into being a better driver.

Maybe if we could have rooms where we could select to filter out players below x rank, which obviously could be no lower than the original host's ranking. That way it could be toggled and you could race with your buddies, no matter who is better than the other and however far apart your rankings are.

The quick matches are kind of filled with dirty drivers, though. Tried it a few times and never clicked on it again. Either they forget they have a brake pedal or button...or they're pretty intent on running you into the weeds as soon as they see you're going to beat them. You'll have opened up a ten car gap and someone will just close that gap via braking by using the back of your car lol and sending you off into a sand trap. That's the end of the race for me at that point.

There should be a DQ system. That would be even better. It would be pretty easy and fair to DQ people by the game acknowledging that both cars are within a braking zone, but the car behind hit the car ahead with say...a 25-50mph speed differential between the two. Either your an idiot, had your head in the clouds or you're a jerk. All of which should DQ you for a race. They're short sprints anyways. If it turns people off to playing, it turns them off. Better to ruin one persons fun, because they're ruining many others'...than ruining many more peoples' fun by letting someone think that they can/should take people out/drive like an idiot.

It is just a game, but people also want to enjoy online play and that doesn't happen when people who don't belong anywhere other than dirty NASCAR rooms or national A events venture elsewhere. I don't like how they removed the kick player vote feature either.

Tl;Dr I think it is a good idea, just needs a lot of thought to make an overwhelming majority of people happy.

Sure, why not. They should do it across the board. It would make things more fun for everyone, because it is boring killing the field in a random room and I'm sure it is boring to get your doors blown of by someone. It would probably nix out a lot of 1st turn horse crap, too. At least at some levels to an extent. When you get a mixed room, over half the time, there is a decent collision at T1. Based on our online results, our ranking goes up...which would work great, because if you are beating nearly everyone in x pool, you should be moved up to compete with better drivers, as you have improved. At the same time, it wouldn't be brutal or unfair, because it is not as if people would be penalized like in some sims or demoted. I think that would benefit everyone. Very good idea.

I don't see anyone complaining that they can't race with people that will dance around them. Some people may get mad about not being able to race with faster drivers, in regards to it pushing them out of their comfort zones and into being a better driver.

Maybe if we could have rooms where we could select to filter out players below x rank, which obviously could be no lower than the original host's ranking. That way it could be toggled and you could race with your buddies, no matter who is better than the other and however far apart your rankings are.

The quick matches are kind of filled with dirty drivers, though. Tried it a few times and never clicked on it again. Either they forget they have a brake pedal or button...or they're pretty intent on running you into the weeds as soon as they see you're going to beat them. You'll have opened up a ten car gap and someone will just close that gap via braking by using the back of your car lol and sending you off into a sand trap. That's the end of the race for me at that point.

There should be a DQ system. That would be even better. It would be pretty easy and fair to DQ people by the game acknowledging that both cars are within a braking zone, but the car behind hit the car ahead with say...a 25-50mph speed differential between the two. Either your an idiot, had your head in the clouds or you're a jerk. All of which should DQ you for a race. They're short sprints anyways. If it turns people off to playing, it turns them off. Better to ruin one persons fun, because they're ruining many others'...than ruining many more peoples' fun by letting someone think that they can/should take people out/drive like an idiot.

It is just a game, but people also want to enjoy online play and that doesn't happen when people who don't belong anywhere other than dirty NASCAR rooms or national A events venture elsewhere. I don't like how they removed the kick player vote feature either.

Tl;Dr I think it is a good idea, just needs a lot of thought to make an overwhelming majority of people happy.

Well said, I could not come up with something better, only hope (really,really hope) that PD listens and does something about it.

The latest batch of races really highlight this issue, you've got fast cars and circuits with long straights leading into ninety degree first corners, it's a recipe for destruction. But playing devils advocate it's pretty hard to jump into a car and track combination you're unfamiliar with and compete with 15 other racers who are just out to win at all costs. Some people aren't even trying to follow the road, at the twin ring they're cutting corners at every opportunity.

For me things seem to work a little better with less cars (say a field of 6-8) as at least then 3 laps is a decent amount of time to work your way to the front without having to go H.A.M. (Aka hard as a mofo).

Been an advocate of this going on 4 years now. Not likely to see anything like this in the GT series though because I suspect they are concerned about alienating the casual player. A GTPro mode for online racing would be a good place to introduce this.

Back