Wouldn’t “test drive” be a good addition?

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 16 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
I’ve always wondered why we can’t test drive cars in GT. Since PD want the game to be as realistic as possible, you’d think they’d add the option to take a potential purchase to a track for a test drive before throwing a large chunk of money at it.

I appreciate that no dealer IRL is gonna let anyone take a super expensive car out for a spin, and certainly not around a race track, but cars don’t get damaged in GT7 anyway…

Could be a limit imposed so you can’t just constantly test drive a car. Perhaps you’re limited to one 20-minute stint per car - in pure stock form with no option to tune - at the dealer’s designated track, you’ll know then if you want to buy it or not. I’ve lost count of how often I buy a car in any Gran Turismo only to quickly realise it’s not as good as I expected - then it rots in my garage (or I sell it in older games).

I never actually play Arcade mode so I’m not sure of the details, but I know enough that it’s usually only a selection of cars available and the one you wanna buy might not be there. An entirely new “test drive” option in each dealer would be a fantastic edition in my opinion.

Thoughts?

That might be a interesting option; maybe something that costs a small amount like 100cr. I miss having the practice/qualifying section on the races like previous interations, so you could evaluate tuning changes. And back when not every race was a "chase the rabbit starting from last rolling start" format, the qualifier meant a lot more.

Yes. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to at least see how a vehicle handles before dropping credits on it, especially the really expensive ones. Bet I've spent 10-15mil credits on cars I just don't like driving from the LCD alone.

I appreciate that no dealer IRL is gonna let anyone take a super expensive car out for a spin, and certainly not around a race track, but cars don’t get damaged in GT7 anyway…
Great feature, so simple...yes, listen to your fans PD!

This game really dropped the ball when it comes to pre purchase .
You can't see the interior, can't read the information .
Imagien buying a car and they won't let you see the inside, or test drive it. Imagine how cool it woudl be if we could drive it around brand central on a brand central only track where you can just drive around . Here you should be able to ask the dude who talks in Brand central about the car . There you can see the interior and test drive it.

I’ve always wondered why we can’t test drive cars in GT. Since PD want the game to be as realistic as possible, you’d think they’d add the option to take a potential purchase to a track for a test drive before throwing a large chunk of money at it.
I would never like to have an option to test drive a car before you buy, because it's going to handle way different with a tune on the car than driving it stock. I have brought expensive cars and they have handled not so nice, and I have had moments where I should not have ever brought this car in the first place but with a tune on the car, it's an joy to drive the car.

Last edited:
Yes, their selective choice of what is done "for realism" and what isn't is wildly inconsistent in the GT series.

Not only can you not test drive cars, we only have 30 used cars available to buy at any one time. What possible real life scenario is that meant to be realistically emulating? Living in a small town with only one used car dealership and the inability to look online, or even in a newspaper/magazine?

Oh but the prices have to be realistic, of course. Realism there is important.

Last edited:
if the aim of the game is to collect all cars then test drive should be irrelevant as you would purchase all of the cars at some point. however as the economy is brutal even with the recent improvements and the car rotation is slow a test drive would allow players to avoid making costly mistakes with their hard earned credits. and for that reason I’m in.

To be fair, I'd probably never buy a car in this game if I could test them because I tend to be underwhelmed by most at first.

Usually my dedication to suss out any car I've bought is borne out of the fact I've already blown the credits

Last edited:
CBH
I would never like to have an option to test drive a car before you buy, because it's going to handle way different with a tune on the car than driving it stock. I have brought expensive cars and they have handled not so nice, and I have had moments where I should not have ever brought this car in the first place but with a tune on the car, it's an joy to drive the car.
I second this. I'm not saying they shouldn't add it if there is demand but not one car has handled right without a decent tune. Except maybe the AMG Black but even that needed a significant tune before I could get it to the event I was interested in using it for.

Back