wow, FT1 drifts really well

• Thread starter Truslider
  • 1 comments
Japan
california
Truslide_86
there arent any available upgrades or tuning that can be done to the Ft1 but it drifts really good...

but before i start let me state that: 1: my opinions on this cars are subjective and means you are are not inclined to feel the same way 2: depending on your preferred style of drifting and car setups it may not be your cup of tea.

take into account im using the default tires for this car which is the sport hards, abs on 1, and tcs & other aides off. i practiced on the tsukuba and suzuka east course and i am on a ds3 controller, default steering sensitivity.

what i liked about the Ft1 as a drift car:
1) the suspension damping is damn good, it allows for a good weight transfer that isnt too strong it makes you lose control, it is very predictible. on corners 7 & 8 (the final corners on suzuka east, which can be linked as one big drift) which has a slight uphill curve the car with its SH tires start to catch some traction but a well timed pressing of the brakes (u dont have to stomp, but a gradual pressing) will cause the car to continue sliding. i was also able to link all of corner 1 & 2 on suzuka east which is tricky to do consistantly (im drifting into corner 1 continuing all the way into 2, usually i see people start the drift somewhere in the early/middle part of corner 1 into 2), while still not hitting it right all the time it was much easier to attempt in this car then in others.
2) while drifting the rear end is stable and kicks out fairly slow making it do some nice, long showy (showy??) looking drifts
3) the power and throttle response is good, while the hp isn't stated im guessing in the 500 hp range, this may have to do abit with the suspension too but on some of the corners where i needed to elongate my drifts all i had to do was engine break (let off the throttle, causing a small weight shift to the front), gas and steer and continue drifting. the powerband is good and linear from low to high revs and in every gear, i feared the default gear ratios would be too high but and would lag on a smaller stage like tsukuba but the powerband is strong in all gears and doesnt spike aggressively like the new shelby mustang
4) the lsd is aggressive and will want to keep u sliding
5) from the hood view the blow off valve is probably the loudest in the whole game and especially letting off the gas lets you know you've got a turbo. you can also hear the compressor/turbo spooling too, could be abit louder but for GT its pretty good. the exhaust could be abit louder but we could be expecting too much from PD and Kaz :P

Last edited:
I took the car for a spin last night, and I agree, it's brilliant as a drift car.

Notes: CH tires, ABS 1, brake balance 3/3, all other aids off. I also bought the chassis reinforcement from GT Auto.

• the suspension is increadible! It's the perfect balance of soft but firm, and it allows you to really throw the car around without losing control.

• the motor is also top notch. Good response, wide powerband, enough torque to pull out of the hole, yet not so much HP that there's crazy wheelspin. And the sound is :drool:

•the brakes are great. Good stopping power, very predictable.

• overall as a drift car, it is very smooth. You can be quite heavy on the throttle, and pulsing the gas seems to work better than simply floorin it. You can be quite aggressive with your weight transfer as well - sometimes necessary to kick the extremely grippy rear end out.

Dislikes:
• the car does boarderline on having a bit too much rear grip. I'm sure this could be fixed with a diff or suspension tune, but we're stuck with what we have.

•5th and especially 6th gear feel a little bit long for my taste. These gears either need to be slightly shorter, or the car needs more powaaaa to make real use of them.

•nit pickin now, but I would love a custom diff to add some more lock, especially the Decel. Oh well...

Overall, I give this beast two thumbs up 👍 👍 Certainly not going to be my every day drift car, but it's going to get regular use from me when I feel like whipping of some crazy fast laps. Was running tandem with two other people last night in the same car, and despite being unfamiliar with the car, all three of us were able to keep it relatively bunched up.

It'll be fun to tandem a bunch of these concept cars together once more of them are released :)

Back