Wow...I just can't seem too..

• Thread starter pelusteve
  • 11 comments
United States
US
ViideagleiiV
Figure this out. I was pretty decent at drifting in forza 4, but for some reason I just can't seem to nail it in GT5. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. When entering the corner I ease in and go sideways and I maintain the speed I'm going. I'm not gunnin on the throttle either, and then I just end up spinning out. At this point I don't even know what car too use because it's getting a little frustrating. Sorry I had too vent :grumpy: I apologize...

Well, firstly Forza 4 is way different than GT5 because of the physics that is why your spinning out quite a lot. When I first started to drift here it took me less than a day (couple of hours drifting) to finally get the hang of it. Remember get your tuning right.

GT5's tire physics model is much, much simpler compared to FM4, and I imagine this is what's tripping you out in regards to drifting. Depending on what input device you're using (wheel or controller), there's not a the same amount of force feedback response in the game when you're approaching the tires' grip limits. I find GT5 pretty vague in this regard, especially during the act of counter-steering, so it's hard to pin-point precisely how much lock you need to wind on, and when, during drifting.

To be fair, it takes a little bit of time to get re-adjusted no matter which way you move, whether from FM4 to GT5, or vice-versa. Spend a bit of time getting more acquainted with GT5, and you will eventually get used to the different messages the game sends you to be able to better apply the right throttle/steering inputs 👍

Figure this out. I was pretty decent at drifting in forza 4, but for some reason I just can't seem to nail it in GT5. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. When entering the corner I ease in and go sideways and I maintain the speed I'm going. I'm not gunnin on the throttle either, and then I just end up spinning out. At this point I don't even know what car too use because it's getting a little frustrating. Sorry I had too vent :grumpy: I apologize...

Tuning does make a big difference in GT5 as it does with FM4. I do have both games and I'm decent in FM4 but FM4 is completely different than GT5. Slip is 100% right in that the tire physics are different in GT5.

You will want to increase your toe out in the front (aka negative toe in front). Your spinning out because you are adding too much throttle in relation to your steering input. Try feathering the throttle more.

Hope that helps!

GT5's tire physics model is much, much simpler compared to FM4, and I imagine this is what's tripping you out in regards to drifting. Depending on what input device you're using (wheel or controller), there's not a the same amount of force feedback response in the game when you're approaching the tires' grip limits. I find GT5 pretty vague in this regard, especially during the act of counter-steering, so it's hard to pin-point precisely how much lock you need to wind on, and when, during drifting.

To be fair, it takes a little bit of time to get re-adjusted no matter which way you move, whether from FM4 to GT5, or vice-versa. Spend a bit of time getting more acquainted with GT5, and you will eventually get used to the different messages the game sends you to be able to better apply the right throttle/steering inputs 👍

Great tips Slip!

The gt5's physics is closer to real life then forza.so you have to drift like your in a real car instead of thinking you're drifting in a game.the cars is looser too.thats why gt5's cars is easier to spin out too.

The gt5's physics is closer to real life then forza.so you have to drift like your in a real car instead of thinking you're drifting in a game.the cars is looser too.thats why gt5's cars is easier to spin out too.

What if my real car is a 2.2 Camry?
How do I drift that?

lldantell

Yes GT5 tire physics is so much better for drifting especially with a wheel (T500).

It really takes a bit of practice and by a bit I mean ALOT

Yes GT5 tire physics is so much better for drifting especially with a wheel (T500).

It really takes a bit of practice and by a bit I mean ALOT

Alot, Alot, Alot, Alot....

Practice Practice Practice

Patient Patient :D

You can't, it's basically impossible to drift a 2.2 Camry because its a FWD - Front Wheel Drive.

If I pull rip the handbrake while cornering, I'd be drifting in my 2.2 Camry.

Last edited:
Back