Wow. It just became a new game.

xREDxSPIDRx
About 7 months ago I purchased NFS Shift 2. I played it ( tried to play it) for about a week. The handling was terrible so I put the game away and regretted ever buying it. Today for some strange reason I wanted to play it. Guess I feel like GT5 is outdated. I'm sure I am just in a low cycle with it.

I blindly set the game up with random settings still aggravated with the handling.

And then it happened .

OMG... I got!! ....I say. I fixed it. At least for me. For the first time since owning it I am having a blast playing the game, a real genuine blast.

My settings:( Game play options)
Numbers only ...straight down the list.

I am using a controller ..for now.
I also use traction control on low.

Let me know if this helps at all.

RED.

Thanks for the setting suggestions, I'll give them a shot soon. I played the heck out of Shift 1 and coped with the controls but will try these to see if it improves the feel.

I genuinely like the Shift series of games. The car selection is nice, the racing is fast, the AI aggressive and the sounds are great but I feel so disconnected from the car when I drive.

It's a pity Shift 2 did so poorly, I was hoping the franchise would move forward and keep improving.

I recently bought the game because it was pretty cheap. I can't get my head around the steering input, it's so.. clunky? My best way to describe it.

I'll give your settings a go and see how different it feels.

I recently bought the game because it was pretty cheap. I can't get my head around the steering input, it's so.. clunky? My best way to describe it.

I'll give your settings a go and see how different it feels.
It has steering lag. It's an otherwise great game spoiled by this. On the 'lesser cars' This is barely noticeable if you are good and is still a blast. Once you progress though the lag makes the game unplayable. The very fast cars are impossible to save with the lag. So it becomes a trial and error until you get that 'perfect run'.

There is also the sticky cars and walls to deal with. Also after your save gets big enough the game will start locking up causing alot of reboots.

Back