Wow, that's what I call a clean racer !

• Thread starter skygkar
  • 6 comments

skygkar

Premium
France
Lyon/FR
skygkar
Was doing an e-sport race yesterday evening on Kyoto Driving Park (Yamagiwa) and was 3rd on the starting grid. A 3 laps race. One third of the first lap, and I'm ahead and stay there during the first two laps. There was 2 players just behind me, all driving clean. Start of the third lap, I lose to 3rd place, all clean. I manage to regain the first position all clean also, no one playing dumb, cutting lines or obstructing. And then, in the last portion before the last turn, I got rammed by n°2, lost enough control so that n°2 overtake me. I know I can't win now, we are too close to the finish line.
Except... n°2 just brakes before the finish line and let me win.... Didn't ram me on purpose and wasn't willing to 'steal' it from me... This player is martyp3215.
Just wanted to share to balance all the threads about how players are playing 'Destruction Derby' :-)

True, you have to remind errors are possible, especially on long races with tyre depletion, when you do 8 laps in the pack nose to tail, when the guy in front suddenly hits the brakes a bit sooner it can be very surprising, I got a couple people out of track like that - waited for them of course. The game should take this kind of behavior into account.

Nope, no penalty. Strange now you’re mentioning it...

And I in fact I wondered if I didn’t make a mistake and made him ram me. Don’t think so, but...

returning the position in case of incorrect overtaking (making the opponent's car unbalanced) has always been a thing to do.
to overtake like a pinball.... there are cpu cars to use

I'm usually the one showing restraint and yesterday my patience was tested in the FIA suzuka race. This guy in front of me way too slow through the long sweeping esses after turn 1/2 , to make matters worth because he was using a ds4 and not very well, the darting was making me very disoriented and unable to set up a move. It's one of those times I should have just bullied my way past him and ate the penalty. I did not, but man some folks really bring the thought out of you.

I used to let people by when I bumped them but sometimes the bump is caused by something they helped to do, in that case I'm learning to not give af. I'm starting to notice you have to be aggressive to win online. No one wants to be patient , always trying to dive up the inside no matter what. More often than not I will concede, but I'm not going to anymore.

Last edited:
returning the position in case of incorrect overtaking (making the opponent's car unbalanced) has always been a thing to do.
to overtake like a pinball.... there are cpu cars to use

I do it all the time when making a mistake but NEVER i got it back bad luck i gues....

When people are braking waaaaaaay to early i just go on........

Back