Wow, the rally AI is really ticking me off!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheMoose
  • 5 comments
  • 624 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
795
Messages
RaceVW14 GTP_TheMoose for GT5P
Messages
Who needs a xbox? I gotta PS3!
I only have a couple of more rallys to finish them off (grand canyon hard & Ice hard)
But the AI is really making me crazY!!!

Most of the rallys were easy, all I had to do was get in front & usually I could put lots of space between me & the AI driver & I could concentrate on driving, but in the hard rallys the cars are pretty evenly matched & it's harder to pull away fron them.
It's really hard on the grand canyon & ice because the roads are narrow & tight & it's hard to pass.

The problem is the AI can get away with a lot, if I lightly touch a barrier with the front bumper or touch the AI car I get a 5 sec penalty.
The AI can chop me & if we touch I get the penalty even if I was passing it, he can slam me from behind & stuff me in a corner & if I hit the barrier I get a penalty, it can brake check me, hit the fence, hit me, etc & the AI gets no penalty!!
It really makes me mad!!

Oh well, back to the game, I just had to vent!! :banghead:
 
The penalty enforces disciplined driving. If you're really good, you won't touch the walls - try doing Citta di Aria reverse in an F1 ...

As for the AI, yes, it can be annoying, and the more points a race is worth, the more annoying it will be because they're closer. So either cheat and just do 1 point races, or develop your skills to the point where you don't need to worry about the Kamikaze AI.

Either way, complaining about it here won't help you much.
 
Do you race?
The penalty enforces disciplined driving. If you're really good, you won't touch the walls - try doing Citta di Aria reverse in an F1 ...

Either way, complaining about it here won't help you much.

Citta di Aria reverse in an F1!!!
That would be wild!!!!

Actually it does help, I haven't won grand canyon hard or ice hard yet, but I feel better gettin that rant out!!! :rolleyes: :lol:
 
TheMoose
Citta di Aria reverse in an F1!!!
That would be wild!!!!
You can do normal as well, but it's a soft option - there seem to be twice as many walls sticking out (particularly on the run down from the Start/Finish Line to the first hairpin) on Reverse, so the degree of difficulty skyrockets. Especially if you do the 5-lap races. I've made it once through without a single touch of a wall or the bad guys for 5 laps, but it's absolutely insane.
 
Do you race?
The penalty enforces disciplined driving. If you're really good, you won't touch the walls - try doing Citta di Aria reverse in an F1 ...

Crikey... it Citta was hard enough in a ZZ11.

I agree that if you are really good you'll never touch the walls, even when you're rammed up the backside by an AI goon in a ten ton Evo, because with skill you can brake in half the distance physically possible. :)

I sympathise with the Moose though. The AI and penalties just make the rallies annoying. I wall rode my way through both of those rallies, but many here have beaten them legitimately, as Do You Race? intimated. The Ice Arena was the easier of the two to wall ride. After I'd been stuffed into the barrier umpteen times, it felt good beating the AI by half a minute....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back