"WRC 3" Help!

United States
Bastrop, TX
Any Opinions out there? :confused:
:D I've resisted "Modding" my PS2 just to play GT4Prologue for a few months before the "Real Deal" comes out BUT: it now appears GT4 won't show in the USA 'till Christmas of 2004.

My Question: I've seen ""WRC 3" for sale on e-bay and I'd like to garner a few opinions as to it's "Pros & Cons" from fellow GTP Members. The original "WRC" is the only game I've bought (my PS2 came w/GT3) & I think it's "OK" but could use a better physics engine & be a bit tougher to beat. "WRC Extreme" never made it to NTSC to the best of my knowledge nor has the newest version.

I could justify "Modding" my PS2 if "WRC 3" is worth the effort. Then I'd have it & "Prologue" to "Tide Me Over" 'till GT4.

BTW: Does anyone know if the "New" Logitech wheel (the GT4 one) works w/"WRC 3"??? Thanx in Advance...UB57 :D

WRC 3 is definately a good game but only if you are not the type that gets P***ed of easily. The cars look and feel great the Stages look great too. To me it's worth getting WRC 3.

The only wheel it has listed on WRC 3 is the Speedster wheel. That is the downfall as you can't adjust the buttons as in the GT Series to suit the wheel

They released WRC II in Japan - so there is a NTSC version of that. I just haven't found it on ebay. Give the import stores a shot and you should be able to find it.

Originally posted by jizzmirk
They released WRC II in Japan - so there is a NTSC version of that. I just haven't found it on ebay. Give the import stores a shot and you should be able to find it.
Thanx for the Info jizzmirk & DRIFT4EVA : 👍
:D Hope this isn't a "Stupid" question, but will NTSC/Japan games play thru an "Un-Modded" NTSC/NoAmerica PS2??? :confused: ...UB57 :D

PS2s are restricted to play ONLY the games of their native region.

Japanese systems (NTSC) only play Japanese, Chinese and Korean games

North American systems (NTSC) only play US-based games.

Austrailian systems and UK systems play their games off the PAL broadcasting format. I'm not sure if they play the same region games.

But systems that are not modded cannot play games out of their region.

It's good because both of my brothers live in the UK so they can get games cheaper and send them to me over in NZ and I'm able to play them. :D :P :D :P

That begs the question. Does anybody know for sure if you can play DVD's from the UK on my PS2 over here in NZ? This has had me stumped for ages.

Back