WRC 6

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 27 comments
United Kingdom
Solid Gone
MeanElf
As more videos are surfacing about WRC 6 - I thought it would be time to set up a thread rather than just use the WRC 5 one; especially as there are some quite strong changes appearing.

This is from E3 and it shows some solid improvements in lighting, visual fidelity, narrower tracks and some full-on mist (bordering on fog) in the game too; sandstorm was also mentioned as a weather condition...I'm keen to see that in action.

Must say it already looks better than wrc 5. Lets hope the physics is up to scratch. Think they learned a lot from 5. Is there a release date yet?

It is definitely looking better already. Visuals looks really nice and the game looks very smooth. Also worth pointing out that tyre choice will be implemented so they are actually adding some of the more strategic elements of WRC.

I bought WRC4 so late into the game, haven't even completed 2% of the career mode, and here's WRC6 already making its way here.

Why have I been doing all my life? :lol:

Physics and stage design looks much improved.

Having said that, I still have DR and SLRE in my backlog so chances of me picking this is slim. Also with this yearly games when the next one comes out it makes the old one paperweight so you never have any reason to buy it, unless you know it's the last one.

...Also with this yearly games when the next one comes out it makes the old one paperweight so you never have any reason to buy it, unless you know it's the last one.
In terms of online racing, this is true as the player-base has shifted across with the launch of each new title. If you only play rally though, they do provide enough, good online fun to be worthwhile. What with your more varied and larger interest pool though, you're pretty much correct there.

In terms of online racing, this is true as the player-base has shifted across with the launch of each new title. If you only play rally though, they do provide enough, good online fun to be worthwhile. What with your more varied and larger interest pool though, you're pretty much correct there.

That's true. Generally I don't really care much about online. I'm more talking about the overall quality of the game. With every new WRC game they are going to keep improving, so it makes no sense to buy 6, when 7 is going to be better. Consequently it makes no sense to buy 7, because 8 is going to be better, etc. It's the same thing with F1 yearly games, or NASCAR games, or FIFA, etc. Unless you are a hardcore fan of the series (like you do :P) where every little change in teams/drivers/stages matter.

...Unless you are a hardcore fan of the series (like you do :P) where every little change in teams/drivers/stages matter.
True, with me it's mostly the inclusion of new countries and locations as the car roster hasn't really changed that much. I believe that we'll have China this time - it was Poland with WRC 5.

To tell the truth, with the switch of developers after number 4 I was concerned that things would be taking a backward step or two. Kylotonn Games though seem set to prove me wrong, if the changes we are seeing come through.

It looks like a big improvement over it's predecessor 👍 I wonder how it will do because of all the "big" games that are currently being released. So much to choose from.

It looks like a big improvement over it's predecessor 👍 I wonder how it will do because of all the "big" games that are currently being released. So much to choose from.
Yeah, I doubt they'll make it big in face of the competition - but if they can get some good press out of this, then there will always be the future.

I too think it's looking far better - don't know when I can get it yet though.

Very very impressed. Physics remind me of Evo studios as you can throw the car around a lot. The camera is a little annoying locked but stage design is excellent, damage model at least visually is great. Option to pick tyre compounds awesome. FPS is consistent. Overall major improvement so far on the old game. Big props to the team behind this.

Team VVV has been doing some good coverage, but from watching YouTube it still seems that the stages are a bit too wide and too flat. Obviously we have been spoiled by DiRT Rally and Sebastian Loeb Evo... which makes it hard to accept less (for me at least).

With so many options right now I'm having a hard time convincing myself that this one would get much play time. But I'm looking forward to you guys providing some honest feedback :)

Edit: hmmm, it's only €32 on Steam for the next week (launch promotional price? Um? Do they not expect it to sell?) which is a lot of temptation. I might succumb....

Picked this up on PC. Started my career and just finished Rally Portugal in Junior WRC and it's a very pleasant surprise. Looks ok, nothing amazing, full night with headlights is very good in terms of the lighting. Sounds are good. Physics are simcade, but the car is doing what you would expect and the there is a definite change in how the car handles on different surface types. But the best thing for me so far is the ffb. With my Fanatec CSW V2 the ffb feels really good. I have turned it down to 50% as it's very strong but every bump and surface change is very well represented and I can feel it all through the wheel. Yes, it's got stiff competition but it more than holds it's own IMO.

@Scaff can I get a quick summary on the physics & FFB comparing with SLRE and Dirt Rally?

Personally I'm looking forward to WRC 7 more. Would be interesting to see how Kylotonn will handle next year's WRC cars with more power and aero :drool:

@Scaff can I get a quick summary on the physics & FFB comparing with SLRE and Dirt Rally?

Personally I'm looking forward to WRC 7 more. Would be interesting to see how Kylotonn will handle next year's WRC cars with more power and aero :drool:
No problem.

WRC6 is behind both in terms of feedback and physics, however it's still a significant step up from WRC5.

No problem.

WRC6 is behind both in terms of feedback and physics, however it's still a significant step up from WRC5.

Thanks for that. I guess since I already have SLRE and DR there's really no need for a third rally game, as I'm not that much of a hardcore WRC fan. Hopefully next year's offerings are even more improved 👍

Back