WRC game video for download!

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Jordan, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

It does a lot of good to upload a video and then not tell anyone about it, doesn't it? I'm sorry, but here it is online now in all it's glory. This is what finally made me decide that I need to get this game!

https://www.gtplanet.net/multimedia/files/video/WRC.mpg (9.75 MB)

Notice the realistic in-car camera shots. I especially like the cracked windshields! :D

2. vat_man

vat_man Staff Emeritus

Do you find the in-car shots of the driver and co-driver a little bit freaky? I do.

Personally, I wanted to see the co-driver throw the pace notes into the air during a crash.

3. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Haha! :lol: Yes the people do look a little freaky - I was actually referring to the camera mounted behind them (looking between them at the dashboard and through the windshield).

4. vat_man

vat_man Staff Emeritus

Actually, that is a nice shot - as in all racing games I run WRC in the first person perspective, but it's good in replays.

5. Viper_Maniac

Viper_Maniac

I never ran first person. I always do third person. I always gotta see the outside of the car. Its hard to explain why.

6. vat_man

vat_man Staff Emeritus

Must make real life driving tough...

:lol: I kill me...

7. Viper_Maniac

Viper_Maniac

8. vat_man

vat_man Staff Emeritus

:p

9. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

:lol: LOL, you're a real jokester, vat! :p I always use the driver's perspective myself to provide the most realism...

10. risingson77

risingson77

Wow...that's a PS2 generating those images? :eek: I guess I have to go buy this game now. Thanks Jordan!

11. vat_man

vat_man Staff Emeritus

It is attractive to look at, no question. I was a little disappointed with the car modelling, but the backgrounds are brilliant (especially in the helicopter shots).

It's going to be tough to pick between the big three coming later this year (although I haven't been all that impressed with the VRally 3 shots I've been seeing).

Colin McRae 3 should be pretty special though - the PC version of Colin McRae 2 was pretty good, and the steering feel rivalled GT3's high standard.

If you could put that steering and difficulty into WRC, you'd have a fantastic game - almost perfect...

12. vat_man

vat_man Staff Emeritus

I should clarify - when I refer to steering feel, I'm referring to the Logitech wheel.

Jordan, are you DSIIing, or running the wheel?

13. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

I'm just using the controller - I don't have a wheel! :(

14. Josh

Josh Staff Emeritus

:lol:

Thanks for the video Jordan, and thanks for the laughter Vat.:D

15. Josh

Josh Staff Emeritus

Just watched the video after it downloaded(:rolleyes: 56k rules ), and I must say that game looks awesome!:eek: I liked the sounds of the cars, the cracked winshield, and how the passenger window on one of the cars(in-car view) was partially shattered, and most of the window was missing, but some was still left.:)

Definitely going to buy this game.:D

16. Jon

Jon (Banned)

Now that I saw this video I must go out and buy this awesome game. I will have it soon.

17. NocturnalPS

NocturnalPS Staff Emeritus

I Cannot find this game anywhere. Its not at Best Buy. Its not at EB Game World. Its no where. AWWWWW :eek: :eek: But i wont give up till i do find it.

18. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

Noc, last time I was in Toys'R'us they had 5 or 6 copies at least. I almost bought it but I've got way too much GT3 to finish.

19. Josh

Josh Staff Emeritus

Help Jordan out, and buy it at Amazon.com, and go through the link on GTPlanet.net's mainpage. That way, you get a badass game, and Jordan gets some commision(or whatever it's called) from your purchase.:p

20. Warped_Devotion

Warped_Devotion

nice vid, and a good luagh vat.

i gotta get this game. my dad went to town so i hope he finds me a copy of it to rent first at block buster.