• 19 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
It does a lot of good to upload a video and then not tell anyone about it, doesn't it? I'm sorry, but here it is online now in all it's glory. This is what finally made me decide that I need to get this game!

https://www.gtplanet.net/multimedia/files/video/WRC.mpg (9.75 MB)

Notice the realistic in-car camera shots. I especially like the cracked windshields! :D

Do you find the in-car shots of the driver and co-driver a little bit freaky? I do.

Personally, I wanted to see the co-driver throw the pace notes into the air during a crash.

Haha! :lol: Yes the people do look a little freaky - I was actually referring to the camera mounted behind them (looking between them at the dashboard and through the windshield).

Actually, that is a nice shot - as in all racing games I run WRC in the first person perspective, but it's good in replays.

I never ran first person. I always do third person. I always gotta see the outside of the car. Its hard to explain why.

Originally posted by viper_maniac
I never ran first person. I always do third person. I always gotta see the outside of the car. Its hard to explain why.

Must make real life driving tough...

:lol: I kill me...

:lol: LOL, you're a real jokester, vat! :P I always use the driver's perspective myself to provide the most realism...

It is attractive to look at, no question. I was a little disappointed with the car modelling, but the backgrounds are brilliant (especially in the helicopter shots).

It's going to be tough to pick between the big three coming later this year (although I haven't been all that impressed with the VRally 3 shots I've been seeing).

Colin McRae 3 should be pretty special though - the PC version of Colin McRae 2 was pretty good, and the steering feel rivalled GT3's high standard.

If you could put that steering and difficulty into WRC, you'd have a fantastic game - almost perfect...

I should clarify - when I refer to steering feel, I'm referring to the Logitech wheel.

Jordan, are you DSIIing, or running the wheel?

Originally posted by vat_man
I should clarify - when I refer to steering feel, I'm referring to the Logitech wheel.

Jordan, are you DSIIing, or running the wheel?
I'm just using the controller - I don't have a wheel! :(

Originally posted by vat_man

Must make real life driving tough...

:lol: I kill me...

:lol:

Thanks for the video Jordan, and thanks for the laughter Vat.:D

Originally posted by Jordan

Notice the realistic in-car camera shots. I especially like the cracked windshields! :D

Just watched the video after it downloaded(:rolleyes: 56k rules ), and I must say that game looks awesome!:eek: I liked the sounds of the cars, the cracked winshield, and how the passenger window on one of the cars(in-car view) was partially shattered, and most of the window was missing, but some was still left.:)

Definitely going to buy this game.:D

Originally posted by Jordan
It does a lot of good to upload a video and then not tell anyone about it, doesn't it? I'm sorry, but here it is online now in all it's glory. This is what finally made me decide that I need to get this game!

https://www.gtplanet.net/multimedia/files/video/WRC.mpg (9.75 MB)

I Cannot find this game anywhere. Its not at Best Buy. Its not at EB Game World. Its no where. AWWWWW :eek: :eek: But i wont give up till i do find it.

Noc, last time I was in Toys'R'us they had 5 or 6 copies at least. I almost bought it but I've got way too much GT3 to finish.

Originally posted by NocturnalPS
I Cannot find this game anywhere. Its not at Best Buy. Its not at EB Game World. Its no where. AWWWWW :eek: :eek: But i wont give up till i do find it.

Help Jordan out, and buy it at Amazon.com, and go through the link on GTPlanet.net's mainpage. That way, you get a badass game, and Jordan gets some commision(or whatever it's called) from your purchase.:P

Back