WRC - I like it!

United States
St. Cloud, Florida
aracefan
I like it, I think it is an excellent game. Good graphics and sound. I do think the cars don't "seem" to go very fast, but maybe I'm just use to Gran Turismo 3.
I have run 3 rallies on the normal mode, you have to win the championship on normal to open up professional level, and it is not very hard. I have won all but one stage in 3 full rallies. Each rally consists of 5 stages, they are about 2-4 minutes in length each and don't seem to vary a great deal. I do like the camera views, as they all seem very usable. You can drive from any of them. There are two in-car views, one as the driver and on in between the driver and co-driver, and both are good and look like the WRC TV coverage.
I do hope that the pro level is much more of a challenge, because as is, the game is too easy. But I will play it anyway, there are some bonus stages to open and the two player looks fun.

Have you played Rallisport Challenge? If so, how do you think it compares?

Originally posted by Jordan
Have you played Rallisport Challenge? If so, how do you think it compares?
I have only played Rallisport Challenge at the store display. I think that mainly RC is still more arcadesy than WRC, but I expected WRC to have a bit more in the way of car set-up and repair, things like that. I played WRC for almost 3 hours last night and have only played RC for like maybe 10 minutes. RC reminds me of Sega Rally 2 with awesome graphics. Which I like both the Arcade style and Sim style. It will probably go down to which system you have, but I don't have an X-blox (thing is still huge to me:lol: ) so I got WRC. I have started a Championship on normal (you have to unlock pro level) and have proceeded to win all but one stage in the 3 rallies I have run. The only reason I didn't win all of them is I was trying to break the car in Portugal. You know, "lets see what happens if you do this" kinda thing, I was like .42 secs. clear of Burns going into the 5th stage and figured what the hay. I definitely think WRC is too easy (so far).
Graphically I think that RC is superior, but there is something about the look of WRC. I wish I could get an X-Box, that would solve the problem.
Personally I still think that Colin Mc 2 (PS-one) and V-Rally 2 on my Dreamcast is better. Playing WRC is fun and I think it will be a game I will play through, I just can't wait for Colin McRae 3 and Test Drive V-Rally 3. If your asking me which one to get, I can't help you, unless you can get both. I definitely think people will trade in WRC, so maybe you could find it on eBay or pick it up used at the game shop a bit cheaper than I paid. Heck, I found a used Knockout Kings 2002 two days after it came out for $34.95 at the game store.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by NocturnalPS
Next time i see this game in the stores its comming home with me.
And you should pick it up. I know that you are a Rally fan, and anyone who is a rally fan will like this game. I just can't help but think what might have been had they done this, and this, etc. I do hope there is a sequel because evolution studios has a solid gaming engine for rallying, and it would be foolish for them to give up after the 1st try.

Originally posted by barryf1fan

I have only played Rallisport Challenge at the store display. I think that mainly RC is still more arcadesy than WRC, but I expected WRC to have a bit more in the way of car set-up and repair, things like that. I played WRC for almost 3 hours last night and have only played RC for like maybe 10 minutes. RC reminds me of Sega Rally 2 with awesome graphics. Which I like both the Arcade style and Sim style. It will probably go down to which system you have, but I don't have an X-blox (thing is still huge to me:lol: ) so I got WRC. I have started a Championship on normal (you have to unlock pro level) and have proceeded to win all but one stage in the 3 rallies I have run. The only reason I didn't win all of them is I was trying to break the car in Portugal. You know, "lets see what happens if you do this" kinda thing, I was like .42 secs. clear of Burns going into the 5th stage and figured what the hay. I definitely think WRC is too easy (so far).
Graphically I think that RC is superior, but there is something about the look of WRC. I wish I could get an X-Box, that would solve the problem.
Personally I still think that Colin Mc 2 (PS-one) and V-Rally 2 on my Dreamcast is better. Playing WRC is fun and I think it will be a game I will play through, I just can't wait for Colin McRae 3 and Test Drive V-Rally 3. If your asking me which one to get, I can't help you, unless you can get both. I definitely think people will trade in WRC, so maybe you could find it on eBay or pick it up used at the game shop a bit cheaper than I paid. Heck, I found a used Knockout Kings 2002 two days after it came out for $34.95 at the game store.:thumbsup:
I see, thanks for the feedback. I have both systems and RC is currently my most-played game. But, I can never have too much rallying, so it might be time to trade something... :D

The driving experience is very good in WRC - I just think the game's too easy. You shouldn't be able to knock over the hardest difficulty level so comfortably first try.

Originally posted by vat_man
The driving experience is very good in WRC - I just think the game's too easy. You shouldn't be able to knock over the hardest difficulty level so comfortably first try.

True. Only the hardest difficulty level is a bit competative, the other levels are a joke.

Damn it I had the chance to get that game today. I HAD A CHANCE TO GET IT FOR £20
stupid Sum 41 T-shirt

I was thinking about getting this, I haven't played a rally game since Sega Rally 2 on Dreamcast, one of my favorite DC games. If I get a chance to go somewhere, I might pick it up. I've been reading reviews and it seems really good.

Originally posted by Talentless
i have colin mcrea 1 rented. it's ok, needs more to it. steering needs work.
Try Colin McRae 2 for a challenge. That game gets tough after a bit of playing. If you have a Dreamcast than V-Rally for the DC is champ, dude. :thumbsup:

I also picked up WRC over the weekend and while it is exciting, I feel as though something is missing from this game.

The driving model is very forgiving and easy to pick-up (maybe too easy) but the terrain/track design is unsurpassed on a console.

Colin McRae 2 was much tougher and involving that WRC but WRC has R/L drivers and awesome 3D track (3D as in a lot of altitude changes that gives you rollercoaster feeling, CMR2 was rather flat in track design).

I don't know what you unlock when Pro championship is complete but it better be something good.

I almost bought it today, but decided against it. I'm not that big of a rally fan, and decided to pass on it. There's too many other games coming out I'm more interested in. Nothing against rally, I just ain't that big of fan of it.

Originally posted by GranTurismoRacer
I almost bought it today, but decided against it. I'm not that big of a rally fan, and decided to pass on it. There's too many other games coming out I'm more interested in. Nothing against rally, I just ain't that big of fan of it.
I am a big rally fan, but I know what you mean. I've been playing the poo out of VF4 and I still play MotoGP 2 a ton. Plus that new World of Outlaws sprint car game is a blast and has been a spinnin' in my PS2 quite a bit over the weekend. :thumbsup:

Unitl I bought GT3, WRC was the best game I owned for my PS2. Now its still pretty much up at the top of my list, along with GT3 and SSX

I am loving the game but because it is easy top beat the other computer times I'm wondering what sort of time people can do with no cheats on stage one at Monaco.

Originally posted by MadKiwi
I am loving the game but because it is easy top beat the other computer times I'm wondering what sort of time people can do with no cheats on stage one at Monaco.

Welcome to the Planet MadKiwi!! :thumbsup:

Do you mean like a challenge: post your times of
Monaco Rally - stage 1???

I would be into that.

Originally posted by InterCooler
Uuhhh, don't you have a bathroom to fix, Barry?

I have no IDEA what your talking about???

You must have me confused with
someone else. :P

Do I know you???? :D

Back