Wrc8 or dirt rally 2.0

United States
Brookyln
Which is more real better handing and gameplay. And what settings do you have for dirt rally 2.0. Do you turn everything off. I think hands down dirt rally 2.0. Wins in everything from supper realistic to graphics and gameplay and feel.

I hope after season 4 dlc we get ever more dlc.

As I replied in the main thread.

I'd have to disagree, for me WRC 8 comes out ahead in the areas that matter to me. Content wise it offers far better value, stage design it wins out on and in terms of physics it equal on gravel and ahead on tarmac in comparison to DR2.0. The dynamic weather also makes a lot of difference, making tyre choice a real factor.

DR2.0 is better looking and better sounding, but for me these don't make enough of a difference to put it ahead.

Put it this way - I've put way more hours into WRC8 in 2 weeks than I have with DR2 in 8 months.

As to which one is a more realistic simulation I couldn't answer, but WRC8 just feels right to me - in the way that you have to put in some real effort to get the car to do what you want it to do, and in the way that it portrays rally driving as the brutal thuggish sport I've always imagined it to be. DR2 is just a bit too polite in comparison and as such doesn't immerse me. DR1 was far better in that respect IMO.

I find them quite different from each other and enjoyable in their own ways.
DR2 looks and sounds nicer on PS4, has better online features, has rallycross (I enjoy WRX), and historical cars that are fun to try.
WRC8 has a really fun and engaging career mode (one of the best in all racing games I’ve played imo, not just Rally), great stages (and more of them), WRC license and I really like the force feedback.
I’m glad we don’t have to choose, cause I enjoy both.

Back