Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

• Thread starter Tom M
  • 9 comments
I know that there isn't a huge Xbox contingent around here, but anyone that does, should look into this game. It's basically automotive mayhem. :D
Got to love a little of that now and again ;)

Here's a couple Pics for all Xbox non-believers to envy :P

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

That's how evil disguises it self.... Sure it looks good, but to play it you have to sell your soul to the devil, and I don't think I'm quite ready for that......

:lol:, ummm... Don't think I'll be braking down and getting a XBox anytime soon, but I wonder if it'll be available on PC?

Originally posted by Pako
That's how evil disguises it self.... Sure it looks good, but to play it you have to sell your soul to the devil, and I don't think I'm quite ready for that......

:lol:, ummm... Don't think I'll be braking down and getting a XBox anytime soon, but I wonder if it'll be available on PC?

Ha ha, well put - you are my kind of guy (:

However, this evil is rather tasty looking. I will be recommending it to my evil friends for sure.

I play with evil, I just don't fund its evil ways ... muhhahahhaaa

~LoudMusic

Well, I've got the game and it's every bit as awsome as I had hoped. It kind of feels like a cross between a few different games actually. It's Chase HQ to the core, meaning that the general theme behind all the missions is to back specific cars into submission. :D There's also a hint of GTA3 with the giant board size, and the "Go anywhere" feel. Throw in a badly acted Jackie Chan movie, and you have the cutscenes. ;)
There are different things to do though, I've also played "Tag," destroyed Dim Sum Stands, and driven my car into the back of an Aeroplane during takeoff ala KnightRider. :D
And the Graphics... Any doubts that I had about the Xbox's power (Mostly due to bad framerates in lousy ports of good games) have been totally erased. This game runs so smooth, with amazing amounts of effects, and action that I can't believe it's even do-able on this generation of systems. The levels are more or less as big as they are in GTA3, and you'll just be looking at them, and saying "wow" a whole heck of a lot. :eek:

Well, I'm off, I have to figure out how to stop this truck with a Ferrari, because bashing it isn't working ;)
equipment_getimage.cgi

Just remember, Evil is as evil does.... :D

Actually I'm happy for you, really happy to know that someone actually purchased a working version of the XBox, with being just a bit on the jealous side... :D

Radeon 8500, Radeon 8500, Radeon 8500..... 😈

In my opinion I don't think this game is that great. The gameplay I feel is really boring. I think it is nothing better than Burnout.

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
This game runs so smooth, with amazing amounts of effects, and action that I can't believe it's even do-able on this generation of systems.

That looks awesome man, and I can hardly wait to play. I'm kind of having the same thought you are though ... this seems way ahead of its time, how are they doing it?

One thing that appears to be missing, though, everything is sparkly bright and reflective. Where is the dust and dirt? When I go out smashing things up with my car, it gets very dirty. (:

Example:

3.jpg

~LoudMusic

Well, I'm finished with the game now, and the Euphoria has worn off of my initial reactions. It's still a cool game, and the graphics are very amazing, but it's way too short.
AS for your Question LoudMusic, it actually does kind of get dingy (not really dirty like a rally racing game, but cars definitely lose thier luster after a few big crashes.) Screenshots don't really do the game justice, because when the game is moving, you won't even bother to look at your car. ;)
What the game is, is an excellent arcade style car game. (not much racing actually, lot's of crashing though. :D) It has it's own physics model which has elements that are very realistic, and other elements which are not (which is why it gets classified in my book as an "arcade" game)
I am just excited as to what this game represents, and that is truly the next level of gaming Graphics. Nothing else out there compares. With it's ability to render huge cities, tons of cars, people running, and incredible effects this game engine could have easily been used for GTA3. (Different companies I know, but think theoretically) At first I was beginning to worry about the Xbox's claims to it's level of power (with the framerate issues in the PS2 ported games) but now I have renewed confidence that great things are coming.... soon. :D

As for now, get thee to a Blockbuster, and save your hard earned (or your friends hard earned if it's their Xbox) dollars for Jet Grind Radio Future. :D

Well, i got it a couple of days ago, and its moving up on my list of "games that made me say **** every 3 seconds" FAST :)

Beat all of A Missions, and got all the cars on the a's, except the monster truck on A-4 :mad:

Thjat stupid photo mission in the b's by far is the worst, must have been trying for 2 hours.

Still its pretty cool, wish it was longer (as stated before), and had a free drive option. And that British flaw was removed from the roof of the delorean, cuase it just isnt right :)

Back