Wrestlemania 29?

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 13 comments
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
Not sure if this is the right forum or not?

I have a feeling that Wresltemania 29 will be a terrible event and the, The Rock vs. John Cena match, seen it before. Why do I need to pay more money to watch it again (making it for a Championship makes no difference),

Prediction Warning:
Anyway this is just going to be another main event promotion tool, this time for John Cena so WWE can make him the best, seriously if I'm right ths event is just WWE playing God to Cena, (hope I'm wrong).

This was my prediction Main Event and the road to get there;
Dolf Ziggler cashes in MITB and becomes World heavyweight champion at TLC.
John Cena wins royal rumble and due to a feud he was happening with Ziggler he uses his clause at Elimination Chamber against Ziggler and wins.
Meanwhile CM Punk wins against The Rock at the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber.
WrestleMania 29: CM Punk vs. John Cena, title unification match (no need for 2 world title because of the Supershow (I know it's Cena again but it is actually worth watching)).

The other matches seem alright but don't seem to get interested (although I might rethink the HHH and Lesnar match as they seem to hit to a interesting point :)).

This is probably up for some debate but this should be in either the Sports Forum or the Movies & TV Forum.

I would suggest the latter as it is more entertainment than sport but I suspect a lot of people would disagree with me!

Hold on a second:confused: People pay to watch a "sport" where the outcome is fixed, everyone knows it's fixed, and the drama is to try and guess who the fix is in for? People pay for this? Seriously?? :confused:

There used to be a WWE thread a while back which i posted on..i dont know what happened to it?..

1: Hulk Hogan is in TNA.
2:What does E in WWE stand for; Entertainment.
3:The best year for me is 2008 :D.

Johnnypenso
Hold on a second:confused: People pay to watch a "sport" where the outcome is fixed, everyone knows it's fixed, and the drama is to try and guess who the fix is in for? People pay for this? Seriously?? :confused:

Haven't watched it since I was 10, but I'd rather watch WWE than UFC. I'd never pay $50 for a PPV show, but wrestling is entertaining even if it's fixed.

Johnnypenso

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I don't think anyone over the age of 9 takes pro wrestling seriously or consider it to be a sport. Most fans would describe it as "a soap opera with violence". Being surprised by people paying to watch it is akin to being surprised by people paying to watch The Fast and The Furious...

Y'know i have thought about setting up a wrestling thread for people who just like wrestling for what it is but i think there would be too many arguments which then would lead to the thread being closed...

My Guess.

- The Rock vs John Cena

Winner =
John Cena

- Brock Lesnar vs Triple H.

Winner =
Brock Lesnar

- The Undertaker vs CM Punk

Winner =
Undertaker

My Guess.

- The Rock vs John Cena

Winner =
John Cena

- Brock Lesnar vs Triple H.

Winner =
Brock Lesnar

- The Undertaker vs CM Punk

Winner =
Undertaker

1. Agree, it feels like a promotion tool.
2. Easily will happen since the "If you lose you retire" stipulation.
3. I disagree, Undertaker's old and needs a break.

It is strange that the forum does not have other topics about the WWE or pro wrestling. I thought before that pro wrestling is very popular in other countries :)
About WM 29.
CM Punk vs. Undertaker was awesome! Taker showed that he can still very much. Punk is cool as always, we will wait his return to PayBack.
Brock Lesnar and Triple H also showed a good match.

Maybe the author will rename the topic on "WWE"? WrestleMania 29 was a two months ago.

Taker vs. CM Punk was great and I was suprise by Lesnar vs. Triple H.

However I felt the rest of the show was rubbish, especially the last match.

Back