Writing an article about drifting....

• Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 20 comments
Canada
Toronto
BlackIce49
.... And I need some help. I will be writing an article for the GTlife fan-made magazine on the Drifting community of GTP. All I want from you guys are your team's logos/banners in a 400 pxl (height) by 600 pxl (width) image. Make sure its clear and not pixelated. Just post all of them here and include a description about your team and what makes it unique and different from other teams. It can be anywhere from the kind of members you have to your team history to memories to photo shoots, and so on.

Also include the teams leader and/or founder, as well as other important members on the team, (most active, co-leaders, etc.).

Also for people who are NOT on a team, you can leave a description of why you decided to not be on a team.

Fill out this form and include team logo at the end of the form:
---------
Article Team Info
Founder/Leader:
Created (date):
Location: (North America, UK, Australia, South America, etc.)
Important members: (Max 3 members) (tell me why they are the most important members on the team)
Team colours:
Team mission statement:
What makes this team unique/different form the other teams:
Extra info you want people to know:
---------
If anyone on a team thats already been posted here that wants to add more to their teams info form. Just post your team name first followed by the section you want to add on too.

Eg. "Team NEMESIS" add info to "Extra Info:"

(Type Added info here)

Last edited:

ss1rxr by yellomello88, on Flickr

Founder/Leader:ben_4224
Created:
Important members: ben_4224 (Founder), Stavingo (Leader), xCrack_stylez- (Leader)
Team colours: Brilliant Blue
Extra info you want people to know the whole reason that we started the team is because we were a group of people who we're looking around for a drift team, mainly from Australia, interest grew fast and we decided on a name. We normally get together on friday nights for some nice aussie tandems. We try to help the community when we can.

Last edited:
Why are all those people important, I need a reason so I can add it to the article.

Also I just remembered that I want even more info, such as origin of the team, where is the team from? North America, UK, Australia, Brazil, where? As well as team colours.

Heres a form to fill out actually

Article Team Info
Founder/Leader:
Created (date):
Location: (North America, UK, Australia, South America, etc.)
Important members: (Max 3 members) (tell me why they are the most important members on the team)
Team colours:
Team mission statement:

Founder/Leader:ben_4224
Created (date):31 December 2010
Important members: I can only think of two at the moment, but everyone has done their fair share.
ben_4224: Started all of it, took up the responsibility of getting our band of guys together and organising most of the stuff.
xCrack_Stylez: Gave us the ability to start our own website, where we can talk about other stuff and whatnot.
Team colours: Brilliant- Blue
Team mission statement: To allow drifters from Australia to unite and get in on some tandeming fun! (Or at least what I think it is:P)
The whole reason that we started the team is because we were a group of people who we're looking around for a drift team, mainly from Australia, interest grew fast and we decided on a name. We normally get together on friday nights for some nice aussie tandems and also some friendly competitions.

Overall as a founding member, I'm pretty happy at the overall growth of the team considering we started this on GT5.

Last edited:
Thats what I am looking for, just redo it with the proper form I posted up in the first post. If anyone on a team thats already been posted here that wants to add more to their teams info form. Just post your team name first followed by the section you want to add on too.

Eg. "Team NEMESIS" add info to "Extra Info:"

(Type Added info here)

I like being not on a team because I am and will always be a lone star. Even ask the General Anime Thread. :lol: That and I don't have a PS3 :lol: I am constantly in this forum because I would like to give future veteran/new drifters the same kind of help that I have received in the past.

I like being not on a team because I am and will always be a lone star. Even ask the General Anime Thread. :lol: That and I don't have a PS3 :lol:

Haha also want to give a big shout out to you n4ke, running the GT5 Drift Forum must be a handful.

Haha also want to give a big shout out to you n4ke, running the GT5 Drift Forum must be a handful.

Trying to update is...I need more time in these threads than usual. Though Evo is a month away for me and I should just focus on Street Fighter. ( you guys are helpful)

Hmm ok this is off to a good start, I'm like the info. One thing I want to change from what I asked for before is Im gonna need a bigger image, actual size is smaller then I thought it would be. I will be changing the dimensions to 400 pxl (height) and 600 pxl (width). Make sure the text is readable as it may depend on the editor of how big the image will actually be (could be shrunken if need be). Might wanna do an interview with you nk4e, I know your a big part of drifting community, you up for it?

D-Max-%282%29.png

Founder/Leader: Knight_Spirit/Jimmy (I guess?)
Created (date): April 1st 2011 (when ACN and D-Trick merged) (But we were called D-Max and they were called UDT) (GAWD DAYUMM this is confusing XD)
Location: Mainly UK but we have members from France, Sweden, Estonia and more. (So europe I guess)
Important members: Since Me and Jimmy are the leaders, I'll go for guys who aren't us.
Saggyscrot - Me and him have drifted nearly every single day since GT5 came out, Top drifter!
GTWelsh - Set our numerous websites and has did a good job of running UDT before the merge
HMSMotorsport - Manages all our events and is generally a sound lad.
Team colours: AMG Monza Grau Magno
Team mission statement: Keep drifting fun! (But don't stop winnning ;))
What makes this team unique/different form the other teams: Most have our members have been around from the start of GT5 drifting and have a lot of experience. We're all good mates and just enjoying drifting and mucking around. Also, as far as I know we're the only team to have never lost :D (I put that last as we tend to get hate for it and it's not really important either...)
Extra info you want people to know: We're always up for a friendly battle!

(If any other D-Max guys wanna add info to this feel free ;))

Last edited:
DriftFamilyLogoEffects-3.png

Representatives: UKO_DriftNinja, SouthpawSlider
Established: 2009
Important members:
(Exceeds the maximum allowed)
Team colors: NONE
Team mission statement: IN PROGRESS
-Not a team, but a drifting COMMUNITY
-Most welcoming/friendly
-We make videos
-Host D1GT competitions
-Have a dedicated drift chat (xat.com/EvergreenDrift)
You won't find a more drift-ready community than ours. We're not a team so feel free to hang with us whenever you please. Visit us at our chatroom. We're currently starting Tandem Invasion 2 so be on the look out for that. All our videos are available here: Drift Family Video Archive

Enjoy our promo video:

Last edited:
nemesisbanner.png

Founder: DGambino1
Created (date): 12/17/2010
Important members: All of the team members are equally important. No one is above any one else on this team.
Team colours: White
Team mission statement: N/A
What makes this team unique/different form the other teams: This team is like a small family. All of our personalities just click with each other. We want to just have fun and drift with all the cool people out there with no drama and no egos.
Extra info you want people to know: We are a laid back group, but we take competitions very seriously and we always want to win. NEMESIS and a former team named <ACN> were the first *official* drift teams to have a battle with NEMESIS winning the first *official* GTP drift team battle. We also battled a former team named "D-Trick" and we came up short on this one due to some "technicalities." Ultimately, we just want to keep pushing the small, but tight knit, GT5 drifting community forward and keep drifting fun.

Last edited:
Thanks for all these guys, should make my article more interesting.

Will you be posting a draft of the article on here for "apporoval"?

I need to ask the editor if I can release it to the public forums. I wont be talking bad about anyone or make one team look better then another, my goal with this article is to get more people interested in drifting and expand the drifting community on GTP. Hopefully get some outside drifters interested in joining GTP just to be a part of this community. If anything, I'll probably send a PM to each of the team's leaders to review what I have said about their team in general. Keep in mind that what I originally wrote my change depending on the discretion of the editor in charge of this magazine.

"Drift Family" add info to "What makes this team unique/different form the other teams:"

-We hold HD livestream sessions every night (justin.tv/UKO_DriftNinja)

I'm Quoting Knight Spirit and will add stuff :) (It's Jimmy)

D-Max-%282%29.png

Founder/Leader: Knight_Spirit/Jimmy (I guess?)
Created (date): April 1st 2011 (when ACN and D-Trick merged) (But we were called D-Max and they were called UDT) (GAWD DAYUMM this is confusing XD)
Location: Mainly UK but we have members from France, Sweden, Estonia and more. (So europe I guess)
Important members: Since Me (The Angry Englishman) and Jimmy (The Angry Scotsman) are the leaders, I'll go for guys who aren't us.
Saggyscrot - Me and him have drifted nearly every single day since GT5 came out, Top drifter!
GTWelsh - Set our numerous websites and has did a good job of running UDT before the merge. When him and Jimmy get together and in there stride, it is just magical to watch!
HMSMotorsport - Manages all our events and is generally a sound lad.
Kickstart - He was with the old D-Trick from the start, who then transformed into U-D-T and then when onto merge with D-Max (ACN) and therefor has just as much say as anyone. Very nice guy too :)
Team colours: AMG Monza Grau Magno
Team mission statement: Keep drifting fun! (But don't stop winnning ;))
What makes this team unique/different form the other teams: Most have our members have been around from the start of GT5 drifting and have a lot of experience. We're all good mates and just enjoying drifting and mucking around. Also, as far as I know we're the only team to have never lost :D.(We tend to get hate for it but it's not really important either...) We're not just A Drifting Team either. We currently have a BTCC series set up and starting on monday after a lot of pre-season testing. We also had a CLio Trophy series running before which I (Jimmy) dominated lol. We are all about having fun on the game no matter what we're doing!

Extra info you want people to know: We are currently un-beaten in our team battles and very soon to have a competition up and running for single drivers not just teams. We are a very close team and always have a laugh with ourselves and other teams when we get the chance to join them which recently had been more often. If you want any information from me send me a private mail and we can maybe have a chat through skype or something. Thanks!

Oh,
We're always up for a friendly battle!

(If any other D-Max guys wanna add info to this feel free ;))

Last edited:
Back