Wrong result being given for new daily Gr3 race at watkins glen

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I have won this race a few times but it keeps putting me way down the results which is very annoying. I have been racing clean from pole position with no penalties so really can't understand why - please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there is a mandatory Tire category to be used and you did notnused it. So you get a penalty at the end of the race and loose the position. You did not pit with the tire required so you « cheated » your win. Sorry you will have to race again and see if you can still win the race.

Maybe there is a mandatory Tire category to be used and you did notnused it. So you get a penalty at the end of the race and loose the position. You did not pit with the tire required so you « cheated » your win. Sorry you will have to race again and see if you can still win the race.
well it says medium or soft - wouldn't let me start race with medium so took soft. Didnt need to pit for a change so kept them on

whereabouts would it stipulate these rules

I didn't notice , but i was on pole and didn't touch another car all race!
What other reasons would you be penalised for? Is it compulsory to pit stop in any race< I kept the same soft tyres on while most others changed them

That is it, there was mandatory pit stop or tire change.
You did jot use a specific type of tire so you gained advantage to the others complying with the race rules

Then it is bugged have a look to the website at the article about « Daily Races » it will give you info about the race settings for this week

You must be talking about the Gr.3 race at Watkins as the Gr 4 race is just a 7 lap sprint.

Therefore above is true, need to use softs and mediums during the race.

I have won this race a few times but it keeps putting me way down the results which is very annoying.
As everyone else has pointed out, but it bears repeating, you're not using the required tyres.

The entry screen for each race tells you the tyres you may use but also, where applicable, the tyres you must use. You may use any of the tyres shown, but if you also must use certain tyres then you will need to use every type shown for at least one lap during the race.

If you don't do this, you get a one-minute post-race penalty. It was the same in GT Sport, so although the location of the information is now different, everything in this thread still applies:

As well as appearing on the race entry page in-game, we also specifically lay it out in GTPlanet's weekly article on the Daily Races:

It's also worth noting that if there are multiple tyre types permitted/required you can start the race on any of them. Be sure that you change the front tyres first.

Last edited:
Don’t worry George , at the time it was introduced in GT Sports I was, too, estatic by the feeling of finishing 1rst in the race only to be disappointed and not knowing why I was sanctioned by the penalty system…. I know how you felt
Even more as winning a race was so uniquely rare for me…. It was a great up and down to feel

Back