- 4,323
So if I am in a high powered car, sometimes going into a turn being in 3rd will not give me a tight enough turning radius to make the turn cleanly but bieng in 2nd will put me in an immediate upshift situation as soon as I accelerate because I come out of the turn near the top of 2nd gear and putting down any power causes a lot of wheel spin.
In older cars I just engine brake down to third but then leave it in third and brake down to the right speed then ride the clutch through the corner so I am not fighting third, that way I can spool the engine back up mid turn and be off the clutch in time for a nice smooth laydown of power off the apex...
With the newer cars that don't have a user operated clutch I find myself doing the same thing, but this feels somehow wrong... I didn't have this problem in GT5P since I didn't bother clutching (I cheater shifted).
What do you think, fair game or bad habbit to ditch?
In older cars I just engine brake down to third but then leave it in third and brake down to the right speed then ride the clutch through the corner so I am not fighting third, that way I can spool the engine back up mid turn and be off the clutch in time for a nice smooth laydown of power off the apex...
With the newer cars that don't have a user operated clutch I find myself doing the same thing, but this feels somehow wrong... I didn't have this problem in GT5P since I didn't bother clutching (I cheater shifted).
What do you think, fair game or bad habbit to ditch?