WRX Scooby's Gallery of Photography

• Thread starter WrxScooby
  • 25 comments
United States
Flagstaff, AZ.
SuBiE_SLeePer
BaM BooZeLLed

Just wanted to post some of my photography and get some opinions, as Im trying to start my own photo hobby/business. (Long ways from a business haha)

Any support is greatly appreciated.
Instagram: @TheScoobyWagon
Flickr: TheScoobyWagon

Gear Bag
Camera: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 30D, Canon PowerShot SD1100, and iPhone 4s.
Lenses: 17.0-40.0mm 1:4, 60mm Macro 1:2.8, 70.0-300.0mm Telephoto 1:4-5.6, and Stock 28.0-135.0mm.
Filters: Singh-Ray 77mm Vari-ND Filter, Singh-Ray Galen Rowell ND 2G-HS & 3G-HS, 77mm Circular Polarizer, UV Haze (Sharp Cut), and 8 Star.
Printer: Epson Artisan 1430 and Cone Color Pro 60ml Ink with refillable cartridges
Tripod: Bogen 3021 Pro Tripod and Velbon DF-60
Other: Patch Master 3in1 Trigger
Bag: Tamrac Pro 12 (Awesome Pack!)
Post Processing done in Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 5, and PhotoMatix.

Some shots I took while at the Long Beach Grand Prix more to come these were just the first set I was playing with.
Race cars in the streets by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Indy Racing by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Lowrider Lincoln by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

National Guard Indy Car by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Mazda Skyactive by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Quick Rally shoot, I want to do another one.
Rally Car by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Rally B&W by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Rally Interior by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Rally Town by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Some other randoms
Inside HDR by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Enkei Evo 5's by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Wagon Storm by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Enkei by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Gram by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Crystal by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Amethyst Crystal by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

More to come hopefully!

Last edited:
Lots of good shots there, great first post. 👍
Looking forward to see what else you can come up with... Btw, care to post what you are shooting with?

Quite like the "Crystal" shot. For your automotive shots, move away from the HDR style processing as it is making the images a bit flat and generic feeling. The first few racing shots feel more like pictures out of Forzza (the slightly weird plastic feel to the textures) rather than real life photos.

Lots of good shots there, great first post. 👍
Looking forward to see what else you can come up with... Btw, care to post what you are shooting with?

I shoot with a Canon 30D which I would love to upgrade into the 60D but don't see how that can happen haha.

Quite like the "Crystal" shot. For your automotive shots, move away from the HDR style processing as it is making the images a bit flat and generic feeling. The first few racing shots feel more like pictures out of Forzza (the slightly weird plastic feel to the textures) rather than real life photos.

Alright and I agree I think backing off the effect might be wise. I at least need to balance out how much of it I do.

Thank you both for the kind words of advice, Im trying to get myself out there a bit more but I need to push myself harder.

Canon 30D and most were with Canon 70mm-300mm telephoto lens. Others were with factory lens.

Update of some recent shots

SweetDriftcar by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

DriftCars by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

ToyoGTR by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

NewMcL by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

ToyoFerarri by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

ClassicFerarri by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

DriftRocket by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

VetteMobil by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

AudiLMSRaceCar by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

RedVsBlue by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

InterestingLineUp by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

ToyoFerrariGTR by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

DriftSupra by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Drift&Bike by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

ClassicMuscle by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

SSChevy by TheScoobyWagon, on Flickr

Great shots! I really like the composition on the 2ND and 12TH shots! I gotta ask though, are you using the rule of thirds?
Yes I was trying but I only had one lens with me at the time so I couldnt stand back any further or risk getting people in front of my shot or in blocked off areas.

I've got those WRX rims on my car. 16.5 lbs. :thumsup:
Those were the stock rims for the 2005 WRX and I really do like them, surprisingly light for a stock rim. I have had a few people ask me what kind of rims they were cause they thought they were after market. I do like my 18's :mischievous: but I love having them for winter wheels!

Here is the project that have been working on over the past month trying to get it just right. Please take a look and let me know if there are any parts that don't match up or look right. I am not at the position where I can really change much any more but can remove artifacts or other issues.

I was asked by the owner and friend of 316 MotorWorks to design their Open Class Rally car. Took 5th a Oregon Trails in Rally America. They major sponsor as it stands is KC HiLites thats why they got the permeant place on the side along with the others.

We and my wife created this together with very minimal input from anyone. We were told "No plaid, and be crazy" This is what we came up with.

316 Motor Works Rally Car Design (Actual Car is a 2004)

Spent a lot of time designing this (Probably around 30-40hrs) I have learned a lot during the process about going from digital to scale prints. I really hope it turns out I go to submit the design tomorrow morning. =0

Last edited:
First, I know input is too late. :(

The design actually looks great, especially from the rear-end. However, you can't leave the front untouched, it creates an imbalance too strong to ignore. you've got to slowly transition from the heavy graphics on the side to almost nothing in the front.
If I had a photoshop program I'd work on it now but I've never picked up any sort of program along those lines.

Bottom line:
The back end looks awesome, the side is good but the transition to the front is way too abrupt.

All that aside, I looked at your photo site and loved the picture of what looked like a proto-type and a c7r (no others). It really looks like the c7 wants to eat the LMP. 👍

Btw, that design could also go the opposite way and use the abrupt end to graphics as a way to draw attention to a cleanly drawn/ written ad from whatever company owns the advertising rights.
While it wouldn't be subtle, a very chaotic and "in your face" design ending so quickly could actually result in more attention being paid to whatever name is posted in big bold (stylish) letters on the clean front end. :D

Last edited:
First, I know input is too late. :(

The design actually looks great, especially from the rear-end. However, you can't leave the front untouched, it creates an imbalance too strong to ignore. you've got to slowly transition from the heavy graphics on the side to almost nothing in the front.
If I had a photoshop program I'd work on it now but I've never picked up any sort of program along those lines.

Bottom line:
The back end looks awesome, the side is good but the transition to the front is way too abrupt.

All that aside, I looked at your photo site and loved the picture of what looked like a proto-type and a c7r (no others). It really looks like the c7 wants to eat the LMP. 👍

Btw, that design could also go the opposite way and use the abrupt end to graphics as a way to draw attention to a cleanly drawn/ written ad from whatever company owns the advertising rights.
While it wouldn't be subtle, a very chaotic and "in your face" design ending so quickly could actually result in more attention being paid to whatever name is posted in big bold (stylish) letters on the clean front end. :D
Thank you for your input, but what I should have mentioned initially is that I was only granted budget for a "half car wrap" so from the middle forwards there will be lots of other sponser stickers and a big number decal on the front doors. I have just been told he was granted the okay for 2 more fully built rally cars this year so looks like I've got more work to do.

Thanks for the compliments on my photos. That was my first adult race experience, where I went with a purpose to try and take some good pictures. For my first time and not having a press pass I think I did alright.

Here is the car that's getting wrapped and as you can see it's got plenty of decals and a lot that will need relocation cause of the vinyl going on.

And a photoshop on a the just finished car so missing sponser stickers but you get a idea

Last edited:
Beautiful shots man! Nice job with the Fireworks. I actually shot my first fireworks this weekend also. I am now following you on IG. Please check out some of my shots!

Took some quick shots outside work on my lunch break this last week.

I tried a couple different effects on the same shots what do you all prefer?

Scooby Wagon by Scooby Wagon Photography, on Flickr

My Wagon by Scooby Wagon Photography, on Flickr

Black and White Version
Wagon B&W by Scooby Wagon Photography, on Flickr

Split Tone Version
My Scooby by Scooby Wagon Photography, on Flickr

Soft Lighting
Serenity by Scooby Wagon Photography, on Flickr

Soft Lighting in Black and White
Soft Light B&W Scoob by Scooby Wagon Photography, on Flickr

New Shots of the Legacy

Canon EOS 50D