wrx spec c '04 top speed

i spent hours trying to max out my spec c wrx and it led me to one problem, not enough torque. i got to about 198 mph and sprayed all the way to 231!!! but, once the nitrous finished it started to go back down, any one have any ideas? anybody have a faster one

It seems that your gear settings for your sixth gear is not good. The speed starts going down after you run out of nos because the engine is not in the powerband? Try to keep the engine in the highest point in the powerband.

It seems that your gear settings for your sixth gear is not good. The speed starts going down after you run out of nos because the engine is not in the powerband? Try to keep the engine in the highest point in the powerband.
The speed starts going down as soon as the nitrous stops flowing because the engine power suddenly drops a hundred or so horsepower, depending on the car. If the speed didn't drop when nitrous goes off, then the nitrous is only assisting acceleration, and we know this is not at all true.

Speaking from pretty extensive experience, you stand no chance of making the top speed stay the same when you let off the nitrous. And a Spec C will go a lot faster than that, too.

DE

Back