WSCC - Nürburgring 3 Hours 2 Speed Enduro - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 78 comments
Is there any spaces left for tonights race I'm not very good(just starting online racing) but I'll have a go if there's space
PSN:wezze82
Race no: 82
Colour: sublime
Honda cr-z tc

Last edited:
Is there any spaces left for tonights race I'm not very good(just starting online racing) but I'll have a go if there's space
PSN:wezze82
Race no: 82
Colour: sublime
Any car will do

Yes :) welcome to the race!

I suggest you use the HONDA, it's a more slow and stable car for such a long race 👍

Sign-up list up until now:

SUBARU Class:

1. MindlessRiff/MindlessRiff/n.56
2. RikkiGT-R/Rikki_GTR/n.9
3. Ganja souljah/thrasher90/n.21
4. m8h3r/m8h3r/n.43/Matte Purple and Yellow Wheels

HONDA Class:

7. gippone/gprili/n.80/Dark Blue
8. Badger-X-/Badger-X-/n.55/Vivid Blue Pearl
9. MorphicJim/MorphicJim/n.77/British Racing Green
10. mechyboy27/GTP_Mech/n.27/Default
11. wezze82/wezze82/n.82/Sublime

If you're going to spend three hours anywhere, where could be better than the Nürburgring Nordschleife?

Saline/sucrose drip....check.
Diapers....................check.
Pit stop cigs rolled.....check.
Front door locked.......check.
Phone off.................check.
Cache cleared...........check.

All systems nominal.
T minus 3hrs. 👍

sign me up for Subaru

PSN Id: GTP_lapi
PSN name: lapeter
Nummer:#5
Color: white, wheel: black

I'm sorry my previous posts, I applied already, but I had other programs will. and I could not delete. but if you can come.

Sign-up list up until now:

SUBARU Class:

1. MindlessRiff/MindlessRiff/n.56
2. RikkiGT-R/Rikki_GTR/n.9
3. Ganja souljah/thrasher90/n.21
4. m8h3r/m8h3r/n.43/Matte Purple and Yellow Wheels
5. lapeter/GTP_lapi/n.5/White and Black Wheels

HONDA Class:

7. gippone/gprili/n.80/Dark Blue
8. Badger-X-/Badger-X-/n.55/Vivid Blue Pearl
9. MorphicJim/MorphicJim/n.77/British Racing Green
10. mechyboy27/GTP_Mech/n.27/Default
11. wezze82/wezze82/n.82/Sublime

I will setup a public room for the race! And I will post the number here!

I don't think I'm going to make the race :scared:

I'm 45 minutes from home and our car won't start :grumpy: I've called the AA but I don't think they can get here, sort it out and me be home before the race starts. If I can make it before the Start the I'll just start from the back of the grid but it looks unlikely :scared: :grumpy: 👎

I'm gonna jump in the last Honda spot if I may!

Number 84. Colour... Umm just painting now.

I don't think I'm going to make the race :scared:

I'm 45 minutes from home and our car won't start :grumpy: I've called the AA but I don't think they can get here, sort it out and me be home before the race starts. If I can make it before the Start the I'll just start from the back of the grid but it looks unlikely :scared: :grumpy: 👎

Good luck M8h3r

Here are the final results for the race... In the end we had a 12 lap race only with the HONDA due to a series of problems and lack of drivers signed :grumpy:

Anyway congrats to MindlessRiff!! Once again our champion 👍

1. MindlessRiff
2. Badger-X- +51.863
3. DitQuois +52.682
4. gprili -8 laps
5. wezze82 DSC
6. GTP_lapi DSC
7. MorphicJim DSC

Really sorry I couldn't make it guys. I did join on the hope that you had to wait for a little while and I could just make it but alas it was not to be :(

It was a fun race, but I really was my own worst enemy. Started at the back of the grid because it seemed I was causing the problematic starts the first two times.

I sat on Mindless' bumper for a bit of lap 3, tucked in because Badger already had a 14s lead or so and didn't need to start battling, i had also managed to look after my tyres better. And also given my mistake in the last event figured I'd follow the last winner's cues for pit stops.

All good and fine, although I lost some time in the pits for whatever reason, and then we got lucky because Badger went 1 lap too long and the pair of us just breezed past.

I then managed to lose 20s in one lap and made the stupid mistake of trying to run the tyres longer so I could cut out my last stop. Had I stuck to the pit strategy I might have been able to make a dent into Mindless' lead. Could I have caught him completely? Maybe but it would only have been on the 3rd lap of his tyres as that was when I was significantly faster.

Ended up on completely bald tyres and on the last lap managed to squander away my 20+s lead over Badger...

I really should know better than to try and extend the tyres around the Green Hell. Not sure how I'd have fared over the full 3hours as by lap 12 I was tired and struggling with concentration and an overwhelming desire to pee.

I swore I'd never do another ring enduro, but it's got a draw to me!

Fun stuff and because it didn't get dark I was able to do quite nicely, by comparison to my last outing.

Eagerly anticipating the next one!

Also was very happy to hit a 9:27 given that I hadn't driven the car (aside from 45kms in the FF seasonal).

Congrats Riff!

Yes, congrats Mindless!
Was a bit of a frustrating race with all the no-shows and restarts. I was also my own worst enemy with pit strategy. I guess I should have known better having had this issue before but in all my practice sessions for this race I was able to pull off 4 laps before pitting. Either I'm driving too hot on race-day or the game's physics change when you have more than one driver in a lounge. If anyone knows a definitive answer to that, I'd love to hear it!
Also didn't like ending it the way it did. That last set of turns DitQuois... and I pride myself in being a squeaky clean driver. I saw an opening and went for it when I should have waited. Anyhoo, good race. As much as this may put me in the ranks of masochists - I'd do it again!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, was a good race! Always interesting to see how the strategies pan out in these races. Started to get noticeable understeer every 3rd lap so I figured that fixed my strategy right there, was fairly pleased at my decision after seeing Badger struggle on lap 4 (nothing personal haha)! Was nip and tuck up until the strategies changed, and then it became a thinking mans race :P

I always seemed slow on the last lap though, I don't think I managed the tyres that well tbh, was everyone running full softs? I remember Jim mention something about med-soft partway through. Could have been a good idea, but it was a bit late to act on it haha.

Was utterly gutted to get disconnected at the beginning of lap 3. Had ended up in the sand, and flat last, after ambitiously trying to overtake around the outside of Aremberg on the first lap....but I was coming back....had made up three places!!
Tried to reconnect to watch....got booted again....reconnected again....got booted again....then finally reconnected again and stayed connected. Nothing to do with your connection Dit, more to do with a very busy night on the net due to the retched Jubilee weekend I suspect.
Was mightily impressed to see Dit battling it out with Mindless no less!
Hope my tyre and strategy messages were not distracting, was dying to connect my mic and do a Murray Walker, there was a lot to be said as I watched the proceedings and especially the comparative state of the survivors tyres.
I might've given Badger more info than Dit would've liked, sorry Dit, was shocked when you decided to get one last lap out of your already balding tyres. You would surely have left the pits ahead of Badger had you done so. Med-soft may have worked!!
Mindless....everyone was on full softs except one person, I forget who, who was on med-soft, at least for one outing.
Thanks again Gprili for organising this. Please don't be put off by the 'no shows' and bad connections. It was a bad weekend for the event I think....Just unlucky.
I look forward to the next event. British Classics v. Italian Classics 450pp Sports tyres???? Three 6 laps races with reverse order grids???? Just a thought.

Back