WT800 Endurance Championship

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello, my first post!

Last night I set up the WT800 1hr "endurance" at Spa. I set off my first endurance race in my DBR9 and wasn't sure how I'd get on. I am brand new to all this racing stuff, so my settings are quite low and I've never raced for an hour before other than just doing loads of little races (pathetic I know).

What can I say?! I fell in love. I loved every minute. I was a bit naff to begin with and despite my DBR9s superior power advantage I couldn't get the hang of a few of the corners (not really raced at Spa before). After about 15mins, I was in love. I was about 16 seconds clear of 2nd and entered some form of Zen like state of hitting apex's, playing with the accelerator and brake to hit marks properly and it was amazing - won a cool 1.5m and finished 1.45m ahead of 2nd.

I loved the transformation to night and day and equally the spattering's of rain that I had to tip toe around for a lap or two. The haze/ fog at Sunrise was simply amazing!

My actual question! Is there not a Championship for WT800 endurance 1hr races at all? Having looked after I saw that the other WT800 races are literally like 5/10 laps (even at Le Mans!). I love my DBR9 and wanted a load of endurance/ champtionship style.

The Human Comedy is the endurance thing I guess but im not particularly interested in all the other cars, I love my DBR9....

Any advice or pointing in a direction would be appreciated.

When the stars align , we in theory "should" at least get Nurb 24h race like the Spa race is
the circuit is my most hated. haha. i just want a little championship of WT800. How on Earth Le Mans doesnt have it i duno. i'll just keep doing Spa and be amazing at it, keep uping the difficulty I guess, make it more interesting.

The closest thing, WTC 800 wise, is the Sardegna 15 lap race.

About 24-26 minutes, is even better in credits/min than Spa, but no dynamic weather nor daytime/nighttime transitions.
I'll give that one a bash this evening then.

best race for pp800 right now is sardegna...

i don't think a pp800 race at sarthe would be as entertaining as a the pp700 we have now...

but it comes down to the core problem of GT7 as we have it now...not enough entertaining and rewarding races for pp600/700/800 cars in general...
It can be done, we got 4 races that have both-rewards and entertainment:tokyo,spa,sardegna and lemans/sarthe...why not more on that level ?
I don't even care that much, because I am nerdy enough, to spend hours an hours just to make liveries for custom races that I race with myself... but there's so much potential in this game,and for some reason the devs only use so little of it...I don't know...

...so this one is half decent. took me a while to get the hang of being tight and twisty. the starts are always absolutely brutal, the AI takes no prisoners! i could swear going past the AMG for 2nd place he just took a swipe at me down the straight. but it's fun. it does feel more like a grind (which i appreciate these all are for credits!). I bashed out two races in under an hour, as predicted and got a cool 1.5m+ credits so it's good for that.

I feel the Spa race feels more...sim-y and race-like.

the night to day, interchangeable conditions and 1hr time duration feels more like a proper race for a novice like myself. That said, I tried that again and it went terribly. horrific in fact. 45mins in I was the best part of 30seconds clear (despite a bad tyre choice at my first stop, onto Mediums and as I came out of the pits it started raining, literally in the pits (i swear it does this everytime!)). that said a whiz round and stop for Inters sorted it. so...45mins, 30secs clear the rain was clearing and the dry line obvious in the morning dawn so I pit for another set of RHs to finish off, I get half a lap round and the rain begins, again. I tip-toe past the pits knowing full-well its going to stop soon only...Spa happened and it poured it down. I was spinning like a top and before I knew it I was 13th and shouting at my steering wheel :-), finished 15th and wasted an hour of my life. haha.

Last edited:
Back