WTAC competitors - please read

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 8 comments
I want to apologize for not being online for the past week or so. Without revealing personal health information about another person, let me just say that someone very close to me has fallen ill and I will, effective immediately, have to resign as WTAC host and racer for the foreseeable future.

Don't worry, I am in good health and this isn't my illness that must be dealt with. But I'm going to be devoting 100% of my time to helping take care of the person in question. Because of that, I won't have any time to host or even compete with you all. And that saddens me.

I hope, in due time, that I'll be able to return to compete in the WTAC if someone else takes up the hosting duties. So, if anyone wants to take over hosting, feel free to do so - you'll have my blessing.

:)

Sorry again about the lateness of this message and it's content. I'll try to get back online next week at some point to say 'hi' to everyone here. Thanks again for all you have done for me and the WTAC!

I'm sorry to hear that, hope they get well soon :(. I won't be volunteering for host, though. As much as I'd love to do it, I don't think I'd have the time :(

Sorry to hear that, Dbb. It's good you informed us about this, or we would've been left wondering if something happened. You're always welcome anytime, WTAC host. 👍

I've been going over my schedule the past few days, and I found that even if things were to go full blast at school, I would still be able to come by. I'd like to volunteer for hosting the next WTAC sessions.

I've been going over my schedule the past few days, and I found that even if things were to go full blast at school, I would still be able to come by. I'd like to volunteer for hosting the next WTAC sessions.

👍

Best luck for the person you are talking about to stand back to its feet, you do not have to worry about us here 👍

If you may have noticed, I've taken over the hosting duties in Detroitbb's absence, but somehow, I feel like the GTPSP WTAC is become passive. So I've decided to just finish this current session and stop there.

I took the position of host on a whim, and I didn't really think through how much work it would be. College work is piling up on me faster than I expected and it's really getting harder to keep up with everything, quite the bad misjudgment on my part, I aplogize. I'm considering dropping out as host after this current session.

With only so few people around now, it's nearly pointless to even organize challenges with no one to compete in. I understand the whole concept of the Weekly Time Attack Challenge been running for two years now, and this occurrence is somehow natural. So, unless we get at least five people on the scoreboard at the end of this session, or unless someone is willing to continue as host I'm not going to organize another WTAC session.

I'd like to announce for all WTAC competitors, that i finally bought PS3 system with GT5. So you can find and add me on PSN as Awaren_ if you'd like to go a few races against me :)

Back