WTC 800 !

• Thread starter Cat Power
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Barcelona GP circuit
I've been trying to get at least 3rd for ages now and best is 4th and 9 seconds behind 3rd.
I have the RX vision stealth to 780 PP which I have found better than Supra / Viper.

I have tried R Hard tyres and FMap 2 with one fuel stop.
R H FM 4 and one late stop
R Soft with FM 1
R Soft with FM 4 but stop on Lap 5 as tyres going off.
Just tried R H and FM 6 with no stop and finished 20th (12 seconds behind) as i struggled to save fuel.

I am on intermediate difficulty and a game pad, auto gears but no other assists. I am laping around 1.53

Any tips as to what I can do.....yes i know more practice but I have been playing the game for months, have A Licence and all Cafe books.

Last edited:
The Gr.1 and Gr.2 cars are generally much faster for these races due to having better fuel consumption. I have won it on hard difficulty, but can't remember which car I used now. The Mazda 787B Gr.1 or NSX GT500 Gr.2 should both be good.

I used the Mercedes CLK-LM on RH with 100kg ballast and the power turned down to get to 800PP, you can do the whole race without pitting by switching the fuel map around. Outside of that I used a bunch of tuned road cars on RH for the other 800PP WTC races, you have to fuel save a bit but the cars are so much quicker it's easy.

Here's my personal rule as to what car I use for each event:

WTC 600 - Tuned road car that's from 2005 or newer, specifically on a sports tire compound.
WTC 700 - Tuned Gr.4
WTC 800 - Tuned Gr.3

That's literally it. For the latter two events, you can definitely get close to those PP limits by taking the respective racecar to the tuning shop and buying a turbo/supercharger. And don't forget to buy the other four racing compounds, if only so that you can have them available. Oh, and personally, for the WTC 600, I plan to use a Nissan GT-R Nismo, with minor changes to the power limiter and ballast. Otherwise, I haven't bought anything else from the tuning shop for it. No weight reductions, nothing.

As for which tires to use, I'd try things out on the hardest compound first - whether this means Racing Hards for the WTC 700 and WTC 800, or Sports Hards for the WTC 600 - and see how far you can get on those without pitting. If you pit for fuel, judge how much your tires have been worn down. Perhaps consider not changing tires if they're barely worn at all halfway through the race, to name one scenario.

Also, on another note, I think the GT Cup Gr.3 race at Daytona was meant to be shorter, as it's ten laps just like the WTC 800 race there, and even has only minor differences in tire/fuel rate - but it only pays a bit above 150k for first, whereas the WTC 800 race pays 200k.

But long story short, I'd highly recommend using a car that'd fit right in with what the AI is expected to use in the race description menu. The only place where this gets a bit weird is the 24 Minutes of Le Mans mission, where the typical opponents part shows both Gr.3 and Gr.1 cars - and in that case, you'll obviously want to use a tuned Gr.1 car, such as the Audi R18 '11 with a medium-RPM turbocharger equipped.

EDIT: I also fully expect there to eventually be Gr.2 and Gr.1 events with PP limits of 850 and 950, respectively.

Last edited:
SUCCESS !
Got the NSX GT500
Used R Hard and monitored fuel so easy to not stop.
Won by 9 secs.....such a difference in the car.

Many sincere thanks for the advice it is really appreciated and age 76 i need all the help i can get hah ha !

Back