WTF i cant even sign in playstation network to play?? help!

• Thread starter GDBtoFA5
  • 16 comments
Alright so when i try to sign in the playstation network to go online it says I need the master account's help to sign in. Then it also says the master account needs to accept the terms and policies/conditions again. WTF does that mean?! Ive tried going into my brothers account and he can sign in. And im sure his account isnt the "master" account because it wont let me edit my account's stuff. And yes I am over 18... So i have no idea why my account is doing this. Any ideas/help please?

When you created your PSN account did it require a master account?

Before the last update I was required to accept the terms & conditions policy again before I was able to sign into PSN.

Before the last update I was required to accept the terms & conditions policy again before I was able to sign into PSN.

Same here, sorry you're having issues OP :(

You must login to psn one time from the ps3 menu but not from the game, accept the new (post patch) terms & conditions and then enter the game.

You must login to psn one time from the ps3 menu but not from the game, accept the new (post patch) terms & conditions and then enter the game.

I tried to login from the menu and it said what i originally posted, i then tried my bros account but worked fine lol. So thats why im confused..

I dont think it did because when i created it, i made my date of birth so that i was over 18 years old. When you create an account and your 18 its automatically a master account. And i am 18 really so idk why just my account is doing that? :grumpy:

blahhh thanks for the help guys, any more ideas?

I tried to login from the menu and it said what i originally posted, i then tried my bros account but worked fine lol. So thats why im confused..

I dont think it did because when i created it, i made my date of birth so that i was over 18 years old. When you create an account and your 18 its automatically a master account. And i am 18 really so idk why just my account is doing that? :grumpy:

As a last ditch effort, you could try removing your PSN name from the list and re-syncing it

As far as I know just because one has a date of birth that says they're 18 doesn't make it a Master account. A credit card has to be attached to a PSN account for it to be a Master account.

Is your brothers account logged into PSN? If so, try to connect to the Playstation Store. See if that works, if he did accept the new terms he should be able to access the store and PSN. I suspect he did not.

A couple weeks ago, I booted up my PS3 and I had to accept a new terms of service. It said that if I didn't accept the terms I would not be allowed to access PSN or on-line services.

If your brother said "No" and he is the master you need to figure out how to get that choice again. I would imagine when you try to sign-in to PSN from his account it would say something.

As a last ditch effort, you could try removing your PSN name from the list and re-syncing it

How do you do that?

As far as I know just because one has a date of birth that says they're 18 doesn't make it a Master account. A credit card has to be attached to a PSN account for it to be a Master account.

And i looked all over the playstation network website on the computer and i looked up master accounts/sub accounts it said if you create an account and your over 18 it automatically makes it a master account. :/

Is your brothers account logged into PSN? If so, try to connect to the Playstation Store. See if that works, if he did accept the new terms he should be able to access the store and PSN. I suspect he did not.

A couple weeks ago, I booted up my PS3 and I had to accept a new terms of service. It said that if I didn't accept the terms I would not be allowed to access PSN or on-line services.

If your brother said "No" and he is the master you need to figure out how to get that choice again. I would imagine when you try to sign-in to PSN from his account it would say something.

Yep my brothers account can log in no problem. I was able to go on the playstation store on his account no problem. And when i did try signing into PSN in his account it did ask to accept the new terms of services i hit accept. But when i tried logging into my PSN first it never asked me any of that?

And i looked all over the playstation network website on the computer and i looked up master accounts/sub accounts it said if you create an account and your over 18 it automatically makes it a master account. :/
If it was like that I would've glitched to get tickets for years after '92 long ago.

Trust me no credit card verification, no Master account.

im having this issue also!! i think it might have something to do with the gt5 family upgrade dlc pack coz mine worked fine untill my lil bro brought that and went to sign in today and got that msg and his account works fine other than psn store

Back