WTF is the go with drifting with a g29?

Australia
Australia
Hey guys

Long term gt player, have had 3,4,5 and sport all with various logitech wheels through the years and have never encountered these problems..

No matter what car i use, what ffb setup the wheel is set at, whether it's a high torque heavy car or a super light car, what tyres are used, CH both or softer fronts or whatever, linking corners whilst drifting seems to be impossible..

In every othet GT game ive been able to link most tracks with relative ease, but in GT7 it seems that as soon as you need to give it full beans to extend the drift the car just drops the rear and you spin around.

Has anyone found a car/setup/ffb setting that allows you to use full acceleration at any point of a drift without dropping the rear?

For example I have a relatively stock ae86 with coilovers and a full customised diff, something that I've driven in real life a million times and the fact that there is no balance point of full acceleration without dropping the rear is ridiculous.. I countersteer, i can go to the skid pad thing at willow streets and do decent actual circles, but as soon as i need to extend a corner or link to the next one the it either drops the rear or it just slows and skids to a stop..

Any help/setups/whatever else would be greatly appreciated..

Hey guys

Long term gt player, have had 3,4,5 and sport all with various logitech wheels through the years and have never encountered these problems..

No matter what car i use, what ffb setup the wheel is set at, whether it's a high torque heavy car or a super light car, what tyres are used, CH both or softer fronts or whatever, linking corners whilst drifting seems to be impossible..

In every othet GT game ive been able to link most tracks with relative ease, but in GT7 it seems that as soon as you need to give it full beans to extend the drift the car just drops the rear and you spin around.

Has anyone found a car/setup/ffb setting that allows you to use full acceleration at any point of a drift without dropping the rear?

For example I have a relatively stock ae86 with coilovers and a full customised diff, something that I've driven in real life a million times and the fact that there is no balance point of full acceleration without dropping the rear is ridiculous.. I countersteer, i can go to the skid pad thing at willow streets and do decent actual circles, but as soon as i need to extend a corner or link to the next one the it either drops the rear or it just slows and skids to a stop..

Any help/setups/whatever else would be greatly appreciated..
Yep, you're right, it sucks. I have a Thrustmaster T300 and its the same. The only way to get through the drift challenges is with the hand controller (which I hate!)

If you do a search on the forum here you will find lots of references to this.

IF you want to keep bashing your head against a brick wall and persevere with the wheel I did try for a while myself. Try reducing rotation to the min about 120deg and take all FFB out, that way you can wildly swing the wheel lock to lock in an "attempt" to try and control these cars.

Good luck, you will need it ;-)

Back