WTF is up wit the black 'forever' screen?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amblo2u
  • 10 comments
  • 1,176 views
Messages
391
United States
Austin, TX
Messages
Amblo2u
I've had this happen several times lately; upon joining an online server, it goes to load from the lobby screen to the in-car screen and instead it hangs, goes black, all sound and music continue, I can control my car and pause menu, and a Gran Turismo logo appears in the bottom right of the screen...but the screen stays black forever. I have to restart every time this happens.
 
Same Thing happens to me, Go to options and Clear System Cache Each Time This Happens it help me...
 
Got that problem as well, I will try to clear the cache.

But, I hope it will also fix another problem - when I buy a used car, the game saves, and the silver GT logo in black background can stay on the screen forever, so I have to restart the game. Anyone got this one?
 
Happens to everyone mate. Servers in this game could be better thats the main problem.
 
Since the update the servers are even slower then before....
 
Seems like a syncing problem, as if redistributing the cars on the grid is causing issues.

That being said, I also locked up on startup once, so who knows. Definitely disappointing.
 
Have you not read the other 50 posts about the new update. Your just going to have to ride it out like the rest of us. Not me though for some reason ive not had the problems yall talkin about. (lets see what happens now that ive said that:nervous:)

Anyways Good Racing, till the next update.
 
Got that problem as well, I will try to clear the cache.

But, I hope it will also fix another problem - when I buy a used car, the game saves, and the silver GT logo in black background can stay on the screen forever, so I have to restart the game. Anyone got this one?
Yes very irritating. :ouch:
 
Yeah, that's why some hosts will write in the chat: "Everyone in pits" or something like that because the black screen doesn't happen as often then.
 
I haven't had any trouble after the 2.08 update, but then I am constantly clearing the caches (GT5 and browser), and syncing trophies. I do all three just about every time I turn on my PS3.

Do some searches here, there's lots of people having hard drive issues, there's lots of ways to clean up the machine and make it run better. Good luck.
 
I've had this happen several times lately; upon joining an online server, it goes to load from the lobby screen to the in-car screen and instead it hangs, goes black, all sound and music continue, I can control my car and pause menu, and a Gran Turismo logo appears in the bottom right of the screen...but the screen stays black forever. I have to restart every time this happens.

Ever since the update 2.08 I get the black screen alot , they are going to have to patch it "again" clearin cache doesnt help my situation one bit
 
Back