WTF is up with Raplhie Schumacher

For god's sake! It was cute, funny even, for a good year or so...all this contract negotiation, posturing, etc....but it is just pathetic now.

The latest Toyota rumor, Renault, BMW....give me a break. I'm not a fan of Raplhie but I will admit he is at best an adequate driver with flashes of skill. However he is treating this all as he is his brother. Like he is the best thing to come into F1 ever. He surely isn't.

I honestly can't see why any team would even deal with him at this point. With his inconsistent driving, sulky nature and little political games. Why bother. You can get a better driver who is younger, easier to work with and has a brighter future.

If i was Sir Frank I would change the locks on the old Williams factory and turn the lights off when Raplhie showed up. Williams needs a fresh start, JPM is gone and Ralphe should be let loose. Get Button/Webber or Dixon/Webber...hell even Nick Heidfeild...just a change for the better. Let Raplhie go elsewhere to play his games.

I can only see three teams that would want Raplhie, in all honesty (and I am not trying to be harsh here, Raplhie's driving and recent mind games work against him).

1) Toyota...they have the $$$ to pay his insane salary wants, they also see the name regardless of this being "little schumi". I hope they go for DC instead, if anything DC has proven he can work well in a team and maybe a fresh start would be good for the guy. I rate him as a better driver than Raplhie.

2) Jaguar... they don't have the money to afford him but a little "put your nose to the grindstone and shutup" work ethic might be good for Raplhie. Sit down, shut up and drive!

3) Minardi/Jordan....again can't afford him but having a name like Ralphie involved is good for PR. If Ralphie isn't careful these two teams may be his ONLY option if he continues his little games.

Ferrari/Willaims/McLaren/Renault/Honda/Sauber all have better prospects and jsut don't need to play with Raplhie and his games.

As i said in my Ralphie thread, couldn't agree more...

This is what his brother thought about the other "Renault Deal":

"One point I am not so happy about is that Willi (Weber) is making himself look stupid over Ralf. This whole idea that Renault have secretly made a deal to sign Junior for 2005 is so obviously not true that I would have laughed if my children had thought it up.

Ralf wants to get my kind of salary for doing much less which was always his way at home. It was me who had to wash up the dishes while he played with his Kinder Surprise.

It makes me secretly think that I could have got a lot more money from Ferrari if Willi had played the right strategy game with them (and let us not get onto the Schumi toilet seats right now).

Perhaps that is something to bear in mind for my 2007 and 2008 negotiations."

Family reunions must be a bit cold this year... :P

Whole article

I see Raplhie driving a Minardi or Jordan in the next 4 years. It will be his only option left I think after all these games play out. Wherever he lands next season and the one after doesn't matter. I don't see him changing his driving in any big step, so when the new deal plays out and he is has done nothing better than he has done in the past people will just give up (or they should).

Maybe Raplhie should look in to CART, that is were all the washed up whiners go to drive crappy cars on crappy circuits with crappy support.....

Originally posted by scuderia229
Maybe Raplhie should look in to CART, that is were all the washed up whiners go to drive crappy cars on crappy circuits with crappy support.....

That doesn't pay enough for his new house on The Palm in Dubai.

Cart used to be an interesting serie, before it was splitted...

Originally posted by jpmontoya
That doesn't pay enough for his new house on The Palm in Dubai.

Cart used to be an interesting serie, before it was splitted...

Ya, but CART has become as big of a joke as Raplhie is making himself lately.....

Ya, but CART has become as big of a joke as Raplhie is making himself lately.....

Toyota's a more lucrative joke... I have to give that to Weber.

If technical decisions as good as this one at Toyota, no wonder why they are still so far behind...

Toyota's a more lucrative joke... I have to give that to Weber.

If technical decisions as good as this one at Toyota, no wonder why they are still so far behind...

Ha!

Don't count Toyota out, they will figure it out but Raplhie isn't going to help them in anyway.

Ha!

Don't count Toyota out, they will figure it out but .

maybe, but it's a long road ahead... for now, we should do a remake of "Money can't buy me love" for this team.

well... I guess it would have been a lot easier for them to get on the boat sooner, when the playing field wasn't that competitive.

maybe, but it's a long road ahead... for now, we should do a remake of "Money can't buy me love" for this team.

well... I guess it would have been a lot easier for them to get on the boat sooner, when the playing field wasn't that competitive.

Mike G will help things at Toyota. I think DC could help them as well. I'd like to see Da Matta stay with them and Panis taking a test role? Toyota's drivers aren't the problem here.

Look at what Toyota has done in a short time in the NASCAR truck series. Expect the same with NASCAR nextel cup in the coming years.

Toyota knows how to race, I don't know what their problem is in F1. Maybe it is just a lack of patience. Trying to do too much to fast while not really covering all the little details?

Like Justin Wilson. Ha!

I agree. It was interesting with it was BMW or Renault. It was tolerable when it was BMW or Toyota. It was old when it was "definitely BMW". Now that it is back to BMW or Toyota again, :mad:

He is destroying his credibility and growing an anti-ralf fanbase.

The part about how DC should go to Toyota for a Fresh Start. I think that would work. Carlos Sainz went from Ford to Citroen and he almost won the championship. Maybe it would work for DC.

I don't know what Ralphie is doing. But I too see him in a Minardi or Jordan.

hhmmm....all this bagging of cart..........Millencolin dont like (takes deep breaths, relaxes, restrains his frustration :lol: ok im set now)

ralfie wouldnt of gotten anywhere is he wasnt a schumacher....if his name was ralf SMITH....i dont know if he could of reached formula one

the schumacher name does havea lot of commercial appeal....thats why i think toyota will pick him up...imagine the publicity if a schumacher drives a toyota

Originally posted by millencolin
hhmmm....all this bagging of cart..........Millencolin dont like (takes deep breaths, relaxes, restrains his frustration :lol: ok im set now)

:P

the schumacher name does havea lot of commercial appeal....thats why i think toyota will pick him up...imagine the publicity if a schumacher drives a toyota

A bit like Villeneuve at BAR.

Originally posted by millencolin
ralfie wouldnt of gotten anywhere is he wasnt a schumacher....if his name was ralf SMITH....i dont know if he could of reached formula one

I agree 100%, If lil ralphie was of age in the early 80's I doubt that he would have made it to F1, maybe a nice career in F3000 but F1 is a definite no.

But luckly he didnt have to pave the way for his brother.

If I owned toyota I wouldnt hire him, screw the publicity I want a capable driver in my car.

Originally posted by Mike Rotch

A bit like Villeneuve at BAR.

Other than unlike JV, Ralphie has a sliver of driving talent (just a sliver mind you).

:-)

As far as CART. The only reason it is a joke is because like Ralphie it has made ITSELF that. CART has no one else to blame for it's current state than CART itself. They should have sold out to Tony George and then maybe in a few years American open wheel racing would mean something again on a global scale...

Originally posted by 3rdgenracerX

If I owned toyota I wouldnt hire him, screw the publicity I want a capable driver in my car.

Yes but Toyota has shown time and again it likes publicity ALOT. plus Raplhie is very popular in Japan, in some ways more so than his brother.

But I hope Toyota goes with DC.

DC and DaMatta could be a nice combo.

Back