WTF is wrong with the Amuse R1

• Thread starter 98cwitr
  • 13 comments
United States
Macon, GA
Sorry if this is a repost, but in GT5 my favorite car was the Amuse R1...now in GT6, I cant freakin stand it. I have tried softening the suspension to it's minimum, but still on racing softs the car rolls at ease. What has happened to this car? I understand that the chassis is stiff, but for the love of Christ what can I do to get this thing to corner at full G without it wanting to go bottom's up?!

Sorry if this is a repost, but in GT5 my favorite car was the Amuse R1...now in GT6, I cant freakin stand it. I have tried softening the suspension to it's minimum, but still on racing softs the car rolls at ease. What has happened to this car? I understand that the chassis is stiff, but for the love of Christ what can I do to get this thing to corner at full G without it wanting to go bottom's up?!

Racing softs. That is how it rolls easily. Too much grip for the chassis to take.

Thorin is right, I used to use one of those for that car and found it better. Furin is correct also, simply trying to tune it with RH helps a ton with that.

BUT, . . . even if you do get a tune and tweak it to its best, the Titan is no longer the Titan of GT5. I don't know if the GT team made it 'too ' good in GT5 and decided to make it more normal now, or if GT5's version IS normal, and they just didn't copy it over to 6 correctly, but at its very best it will never compare to how easily it was to tune in GT5.

I'll give those settings a shot. I put SS tires on it it's a great car, so I know it's just too much grip, but in a league we run racing softs are sometimes the tire of choice, and I'd like to be able to use this car...even if it is just for the sake of nostalgia. The Opera is remarkable...even with RSs.

Worked like a charm. Now instead of being 3 seconds slower than the Opera, and fighting the car the whole time, it is well mannered, planted, and only .8 seconds behind now. Thanks!

Worked like a charm. Now instead of being 3 seconds slower than the Opera, and fighting the car the whole time, it is well mannered, planted, and only .8 seconds behind now. Thanks!
No problem, which one did you use. I'd be surprised if that 0.8 seconds isn't findable.

After the major physics changes (1.09 update for those who aren't familiar.) most of the cars needed minor tweaks to get back some of the performance they lost. My Opera S2K lost between 1.5 and 2 seconds just through the "new default transmission" rebalance alone on Laguna Seca, so I imagine the Amuse will be similar. I can have a little look over it later and give you some revisions if you want. 👍

Just let me know what sort of tracks your using it on and if you're using Grid starts or not.

Trial Mountain is my "test track"

I used the suspension and diff settings found here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-happy-new-year-gtplanet.301902/#post-9357499

Opera was basically with stock settings, but I dialed out the toe settings to be less extreme and bumped the dampers to 4/4 + 4/4. Worked well. I did some analysis on the data logger and found that up until turn 8 both the amuse and opera were pretty much dead even, but the Opera had a little more top end due to gearing. I could play with the gearing some more with the Amuse and try to gain some more out of it, but that's really track dependent.

I'd love to see some polishing on the settings for the Amuse above. I am within 1.5 seconds of my [stock] Chaparral 2D time!

Edited the setup on the Amuse: went 5/5 on the rollbars and dropped my time to 1:20.510 after restoring body rigidity and doing another oil change (557PP). Played more with the camber and diff independently...both play a decisive role in the traction rolling of the car, so if you have a car doing this, minimize the aggressiveness of both the camber and diff.

Last edited:
On a side note to this topic, you know what cars I am having a decent time with that I didn't in gt5?
Both of the Amuse GT1's. The regular '04 and the turbo '06. They aren't going to set straight speed records but they fairly easily can be made into touge-monsters. I didn't spend too much time on them as I was in the middle of some other project, but just initial testing and throwing in some preset's I remember being very happy that a lot of what I normally would have to work on, on new tunes, were already not an issue.
I however as stated above, didn't have luck off the line with the Titan, and I wish you guys the best of luck getting a handle on her.
But check out the gt1's if you have the time/money, they did impress me.

Latest Posts

Back