WTH happened to my beloved Nürburgring?

• Thread starter GfxJG
  • 9 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Denmark
Denmark
GfxJG
They changed the scenery completely compared to both IRL and GT5... I hate this track, it wasn't the track I fell in love with =/

You guys had any wierd surprises/dissapointments yet? Myself, I hate the Helmet Cam. With a passion.

I'll eventually get used to it, but I was so tuned in to all the green that the change makes me distracted and unable to race properly =P

Laguna Seca looks like it's somewhere in a post-apocalyptic desert instead of Monterey. The track itself seems fairly similar to other games, but the backdrop/signage is terrible.

At least you're playing it... BTW, what are your thoughts on the Ring compared to other versions you played (gt5/forza). No comments necessary on the green :D

I don't have any time on the green monster, no comment. SPA looks really nice. For a fictional street track, MIAMI is sweet.

Laguna Seca looks like it's somewhere in a post-apocalyptic desert instead of Monterey. The track itself seems fairly similar to other games, but the backdrop/signage is terrible.

Seca too, looks horrible. But agreed, Spa is nice, both the track and the bath xD As for the ring, it's the same, a little more sweeping it feels like.

Seca too, looks horrible. But agreed, Spa is nice, both the track and the bath xD As for the ring, it's the same, a little more sweeping it feels like.

Is it the same Spa from the first SHIFT- the older configuration with no paved run-off areas? Personally prefer the version in the first SHIFT (although the problem with the driving physics/FFB becomes more apparent) instead of the most recent configuration.

I haven't bought the game but from the video I'm seeing, the graphics on track like Suzuka and the Nordschleife just seem over-stylized. There's no doubt that it looks pretty but personally I prefer the more realistic (although boring) look of serious sims like iRacing and even GT5. The first SHIFT was visually pretty decent especially once you toned down the contrast and colours. The trees were especially good which is why I'm finding it perplexing that SMS changed the look of the trees in SHIFT2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back