WTH, Willow Springs?

United States
Somewhere in the Northeast
AllFizzledOut
TakeALLTheNames
Referring to the Willow Springs 20 Mile challenge.
There always is a car up in front at least 30 seconds farther than everyone else, always. He's impossible to catch, you can never get 1st place unless you cheat, or you're Senna.
This is really unfair. :(

Why, though?

Practice and you'll beat him, I did. Good luck. :)
Tried, but *coughs* the closest I, or anyone in the race could get to him is a whopping 15 seconds. On a second note, I noticed in the replay that car had a way faster pit stop, too! [It was a full refuel.]

What car is it? If your having problems, try using the light car rocket with sports mediums and you will never make a pit stop, making it an easy win ;)

The NASCAR race at HSR also suffers from this problem.

Last edited:
There always is a car up in front at least 30 seconds farther than everyone else, always. He's impossible to catch, you can never get 1st place unless you cheat, or you're Senna.

Why, though?

Completely untrue. I don't cheat and my name is not Senna and I have no problem at all winning this race, or the NASCAR race at HSR. I think you just may need to practice more and improve your skill set if you're having problems. Saying that its impossible just because you can't do it is just ridiculous. Just keep at it, you'll get it eventually. 👍

Completely untrue. I don't cheat and my name is not Senna and I have no problem at all winning this race, or the NASCAR race at HSR. I think you just may need to practice more and improve your skill set if you're having problems. Saying that its impossible just because you can't do it is just ridiculous. Just keep at it, you'll get it eventually. 👍
I know. :indiff:

This race really depends on the rabbits, the McLarens are faster and get down to the low 11: minutes. There are slower lead cars, but you probably need to be able to run 1:21s with a tire change midway.

Who was the driver of the Enzo Ferrari? And what was his race time?

I've just recently run this 20 mile Willow Springs race and was seeing the fastest rabbits in either a McLaren F1 '94 or in the Ferrari FXX '07. I've run against Enzo Ferrari's as well, but they haven't been the fastest rabbits, but maybe you ran into one that was loaded up on carrots.:D

If you are still trying this race and are looking for an easy win, I recommend using the TommyKaira ZZII '00

I just used it and gave the AI field a thorough smackdown with a ZZII tuned to 560PPV.

The ZZII can be purchased for $60,000 and if you add about $50k of tires and parts you have a very fast machine.

My ZZII race unfolded as follows:
-------------------------------------
End of lap # 1, 15.3 secs behind Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 2, 12.4 secs behind Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 3, 6.5 secs behind Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 4, 2.2 secs behind Ferrari FXX
On lap # 5, I catch and pass the 1st place Ferrari FXX and the 2nd place McLaren F1 '94, and then I pit at the end of the lap for a new set of SS tires and about 10 liters of fuel.
End of lap # 5, 6.5 second lead over Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 6, 10.1 sec lead over the McLaren F1 '94
End of lap # 7, 16.4 sec lead over the McLaren F1 '94
End of lap # 8, 25.1 sec win over the McLaren F1 '94

Race Time: 11:01.282
My best lap: 1:16.274:)

2nd place McLaren F1 race time was: 11:26.4xx
3rd place Ferrari FXX race time was: 11:34.9xx

Another relatively in-expensive car to use is the Nissan GTR SpecV '09

I just purchased one for $157,500 and threw about $60k of tires and parts at it to give it some more speed, and I ended up at 550PPV.

My Nissan GTR SpecV race unfolded as follows:
---------------------------------------------------
End of lap # 1, 18.5 secs behind Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 2, 18.2 secs behind Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 3, 16.1 secs behind Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 4, 9.8 secs behind Ferrari FXX when I enter the pits for a new set of SS tires and fuel.
End of lap # 5, 1.1 secs behind the Ferrari FXX and the Enzo Ferrari who are both in the pits
End of lap # 6, 4.9 second lead over the Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 7, 10.5 second lead over the Ferrari FXX
End of lap # 8, 19.2 second win over the Ferrari FXX

Race time: 11:20.945
My best lap: 1:17.477:)

2nd place Ferrari FXX race time was: 11:40.1xx
3rd place Enzo Ferrari race time was: 11:54.9xx

I just tried another car, a slightly more expensive McLaren MP4-12C '10

The purchase price is around $225k. I purchased some SS tires and about $50k of parts and de-tuned the McLaren MP4 to 550PPV.

My McLaren MP4-12C race:
--------------------------------
I then ran the 20 mile Willow Springs race against a very fast Ferrari FXX driven by a M. Aigner

I won by only 2.3 seconds over the Ferrari FXX:nervous:

My best lap was a: 1:16.441:)
My race time was: 11:11.870
2nd place Ferrari FXX race time was: 11:14.1xx

Good luck with your next race!:cheers:
GTsail

Last edited:

Why, though?
If you use a fully tuned light car company rocket on sport soft and don't push it to hard you'll easily win because a) it's super light in other words super fast b) you don't need to go to the pits.

Another car to try is the Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car if you don't mind its price of $489,000

I just purchased a new one and added about $150k of parts and tires and gave it a quick tune so I ended up with the following specs:

PPV: 572
HP: 566
Wgt: 1170

My sub-11 minute race unfolded as follows:
-----------------------------------
End lap # 1, 13.1 secs behind the race leading Bugatti Veyron
End lap # 2, 9.7 secs behind the race leading FXX '07
End lap # 3: 3.9 secs behind the race leading FXX
I enter the pits at the end of lap # 4 for a new set of SS tires and some fuel
End lap # 4: 2.0 secs behind the race leading FXX who has continued on
Begin lap # 5 in 3rd place some 19.1 secs behind the race leading FXX
Both the 1st place FXX and the 2nd place Enzo pit at the end of lap # 5.
End lap # 5: 3.3 secs behind the race leading FXX who is in the pits
End lap # 6: 20.1 sec lead over the Huayra '13 who has driven into the lead when the FXX pitted
End lap # 7: 31.5 sec lead over the Huayra '13
End lap # 8: 40.1 second win over the FXX '07 who passed the Huayra during lap 8.

Race time: 10:56.130
Best lap: 1:14.833:)

2nd place: FXX '07..........RT: 11.36.3
3nd place: Huayra '13 .....RT: 11.41.1
4th place: Enzo Ferrari.....RT: 11.54.0

I had first run the race with a 570PPV NSX-R Prototype and just missed going under 11 minutes, so I gave it a little more horsepower and took off some ballast and re-ran the race at the 572PPV you see above, and since I had a better feel for how hard I could push the NSX-R, I was able to crack the 11 minute barrier.:)

Good luck!
GTsail

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back