X button / accelerator randomly wont work, or car gets stuck in place.

United States
United States
Jay_to_the_R_O_C
this is not a control scheme issue...but rather something I am trying to determine whether its a problem with GT6 other people may experience or just this ps3 being bad...I had similar issues in gt5.

Start the race.. online...off..doesnt matter....2/10 times maybe more, the car will just stay in place when the race hits start....you can rev the engine but go nowhere. on a rolling start holding gas will prevent you slowing down below 50 mph or starting speed but not accelerate you....

Other times if you mess up big time and go off course / hit something / perhaps even just a curb bounce.. the car gets locked into that same you can rev the engine but not go anywhere mode lol....

All in all. I still enjoy the game but this is something really frustrating for an experience as enjoyable as gt6 should be and other gt games have been in the past. Can anyone share any tips to clear this up? If this does end up being some kind of issue with my ps3 perhaps let this serve as a warning to others with junky ps3s...mine doesnt read dual layer discs anymore and I had to get this game on digital download to even play...and liek I said while gt5 would do similar things...the disc did work there. I had to return 2 blu rays of gt6 before i gave up and went digital. Pretty frustrating...i'd hate to go buy a new ps3 JUST for gt6 as its the only game i play on it....so if anyone else has had this happen...please let me know thanks.

Last edited:
Its very frustrating lol will be happy to move to GT sport or GT7 soon, or get a new ps3 or controller. whatever happens first lol

Back