X-Factor

• Thread starter BLITZ_69
  • 10 comments
Icehawk_9
What was the most crutial moment in your learning of drifting?

The moment where you figured it out, the car you used, or the skill that you learned, or even the track you tryed out.

This is solely to stir up conversation and to help new drifters because they are always creating threads for themselves, but this is for evorybody in the comunity.

BLITZ:cheers:

I know I can drift an AE86, i did my first TC sweeper, i did an awesome WDS run in it, i know it is my car, but im off and on.
I learned all my begginings from the d1gp cars, theyre meant to be drifted stock so go try it!!

When I finally learned to drift was when I finally took all the aids of the car, and found that it was hard as heck to drift. So I didn't play GT4 for about 2 weeks and after about 30 mins of practicing I started to get the hang of it, that was quite awhile ago and I can't remember what the car or track was but drifting all of a sudden became fun.

It was about 1/2 year back when i started trying to drift.

Car: Madza FC , <300bhp (Sorry, I don't exactly remember which model was it)
Track: Deep forest & Trial Mountain
Technique: Brake/Feint/Lift Off

Well, i started off basically on Deep forest first but i seriously recommend Trial Mountain as it has more downslope corners which can help starters with more front grip on their cars. At first i was real sliding around, exiting corners at very low speed or snap back. I went on to revise on videos posted in the forum on Deep Forest to figure out how can i maintain the drift throughout the entire curve, and not long I was able to do 90 degrees corners.... 120 degrees... Hairpins...

Not to forget the help I got from seniors member here like BL, Suzuki, Swift, NK...etc.

In my personal opinion, a driver needs to practise alot on just single car and get used to its own characteristics. And its good to have knowledge on drifting even before you want to give it a try.

*2 important points: Inputs(steering, gas, brakes, timing) are certainly very crucial for a good drifts. Practices is the main thing to mastering your drifts.

Enjoys....

Knowing that there are other members willing to help you learn even though you are a veteran.

In GT4?

After playing the single player for months, on multiplayer mode with a BMW M5 and N2 tyres, we had some practicing..
Now I can do full drift laps with for example the D1GP RX-7, it feels good to look back on things. :)

I love drifting since i kept trying to drift in Capri Rally with my HKS Siliva. But I gave up on FRs, I like MRs more, and AWDs even more.

Just out of curiousity, why is this thread called "X-Factor"?

I believe that this thread is for all drifts beginners on what does it takes on their learning path, and hopefully from our past experience they are able to gain some help of it.

"X-Factor"... Ermm... For me, I'm just trying to list out the main factors that are important to take note of in the learning path. Most beginners/New drifters often repeat their mistakes as they are already used to their own driving styles without taking drifting into consideration much. It will become more of a habit to them. So starting off in the correct way really helps one in shortening the learning journey i guess. :dopey:

Just out of curiousity, why is this thread called "X-Factor"?

Because its THE most important step you took.

clanegie
I believe that this thread is for all drifts beginners on what does it takes on their lerning path, anf hopefully from our past experience they are able to gain some help of it.

You are exactly right, it kindais part of a learning experience, thanks for pointing it out!

For me it was trying different cars on xlink and watching others...You can learn a lot by just watching someone else...You can determine the differences and likeness in style. I think I have learned the most by just driving with others. Trying different drivetrains and trying to understand the dynamics of drifting.
And also realizing that you control the car...the car doesn't control you. So with that said....If you are reacting to your car...you are moving too slow.

As long as the basics are learned...any drivetrain is driftable...You will notice that different techniques work with different cars...so adjust accordingly...hope to see more of you guys at the dojo...Drift dojo that is! DRIFT ON

Back