X-Port advice

So I got paid on friday and although I shouldnt Im going to buy an x-port, I really want to get some lap times onto the racing-line website.

Anyway, I have seen a couple on ebay but I need to just check one thing first. Does my PC have to be constantly linked with the PS2 ? Can I download a saved replay file onto the X-Port and then take this to the PC to upload it then put on the net ???

I only ask this because the PS2 is in the living room and the PC is in the upstairs spare room and if the answer is "YES" then I wont be happy.

Thanks

BigJ

BigJamesGTI
So I got paid on friday and although I shouldnt Im going to buy an x-port, I really want to get some lap times onto the racing-line website.

Anyway, I have seen a couple on ebay but I need to just check one thing first. Does my PC have to be constantly linked with the PS2 ? Can I download a saved replay file onto the X-Port and then take this to the PC to upload it then put on the net ???

I only ask this because the PS2 is in the living room and the PC is in the upstairs spare room and if the answer is "YES" then I wont be happy.

Thanks

BigJ

For any transfer, the PS2 must be connected to the PC via the Xport. The Xport is not a storage device.

However, you don't need to take a TV with you. Boot the Xport software on the PS2 while it's connected to the TV first and you'll notice that the PS2 makes a distinctive noise when the software is loaded. Simply take the PS2 and a power lead to the computer, hook it all up and when you hear the noise, the PS2 is ready...

Excellent !! So I can feasibly transfre the stuff onto the pc just by taking the PS2 upstairs - Good.

The x-port is connected to the PC via a USB port - is that right ?

Now the PC I have has two ports for USB/ETHERNET connection, one of which is currently occupied by the cable box - Can I just use the other port to hook up the X-port or is the other port only for an ETHERNET connection ??

The Xport uses a normal USB connector - if you've got a spare slot, it'll plug in just fine.

AHHH So the one Ive just bid on at £23 is a bit on the expensive side !! Nevermind.

It was good to see your name on the boards there Famine ! Hopefully I might be joining you soon

Back