X-port trouble...

• Thread starter eric_51
  • 21 comments
I bought a X-port yesterday and then when i installed it after it installs the program files it gets a install shield error says _ins5172._mp has an error and has to be shutdown and now i also have a USB error connecting to ps2 error every time i try to read my memory card.... Please help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

What is your operating system?

Xport V2 software has no hope of working on Windows 95 or earlier, or any Mac OS.

Try downloading the software off of the internet. It might work. Other than that I don't know. :(

Where did you find the X-Port?

for the error connect 2 usb, are you booting your comp with the port already plugged in?? the port as 2 be plug in b4 you turn your comp on

So turn off the pc
then attach the sharkport
right?
Now im going to have to turn this pc off and take it out and run it without x-port then shut it down and plug it right?

I don't own one, but this should work:

1) Turn off your PC & PS2
2) Plug in the USB cable
3) Turn on the PC
4) Once the PC is booted, the Xport should work right.

why would u wanna take it out? do this...

1. plug x-port in usb port
2. turn pc on
3. wait for pc 2 boot
4. turn ps2 on
5. launch x-port program
6. try 2 acces mem card
7. if it still does not work, hit reset on ps2 and wait for that 2 boot again.

sometimes my x-port is stubborn, and resetting the ps2 sometimes works but sometimes i also have 2 reset my comp but then it ends up working

I'll say again, follow closely:

First, turn off both your PC and your PS2, since you're confused.

1. Plug the X-Port into the USB.

2. Turn ON the Computer.

3. Wait for the computer to *completely* boot.

4. Switch on your Playstation and wait for it to load.

5. Open up the X-Port software now that both the PS2 and PC are running.

6. Try to access the memory card.

If that doesn't work, go back to the store and get a refund.

The ins5172_exe. seems to be the program that installs the x-port icon on your programs menu. You CAN access the program even if this error displays. Just go to the C:\program files\datel\x-port folder and open the file called "PC database". That initiates the program and it should run fine. We had this error happen on a windows 2000 professional edition system just last night.

for the first time ever my shark port will not work, worked gin 2 days ago. i keep getting the usb error thing when i try to read my memory car. been trying to make this thing work for an hour, now im gonna try re-install the drivers.

heh, funniest thing, it was now working becuase i put my pc drivers cd in instead of the ps cd. funnier thing is i been missing my pc drivers cd for about a year.

I dunno how i ended up with that cd in my hand cuase i searched high and low for that damn thing and then when im grabbing my s-port stuff in a hurry i saw the cd and grabbed it real quick cause its identical to the ps2 s-port cd. maybe my little brother found it and put it with my cd stuff?

Originally posted by eric_51
I bought a X-port yesterday and then when i installed it after it installs the program files it gets a install shield error says _ins5172._mp has an error and has to be shutdown and now i also have a USB error connecting to ps2 error every time i try to read my memory card.... Please help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

that is the exact installshield error it has given me. have you gottne yours to work yet? I tried downloading thesoftware off their site but it gives me the same error. can anybody help????

I had this same problem on both my new XPHome comp and my old XPPro I fixed it by completely redoing everything and believe it or not there actually is a specific order you have to use when installing. I couldn't believe it, but hey it worked. :lol: By the way if I remember correctly there are two ways to install it, one of which you must do first. It has to recognize the cable then install the program.

Originally posted by TheTubaMan2
I had this same problem on both my new XPHome comp and my old XPPro I fixed it by completely redoing everything and believe it or not there actually is a specific order you have to use when installing. I couldn't believe it, but hey it worked. :lol: By the way if I remember correctly there are two ways to install it, one of which you must do first. It has to recognize the cable then install the program.

Oddly enough I have it installed but I am not sure if the program is completely installed because at the end installshield crashes.

btw That is the order I have done it in.

i just got my xport yesterday you must plug the usb into the puter you can do this with it on or off ass soon as windows regonizes a usb plug and play dont use the window install just put your pc disc that came with the port in and it will auto start then follow dirrections pick the first driver cause there is 2 differant drivers on the disc if the first on dont work then try the second one but i used the first one once its done boot your ps2 and wiat till it says waitting for command then launch the pc software and it should be fine

yeah but if your going to do that, i would suggest having your ps2 unplugged. there are so manythings that can go wrong with a stupid computer, like if you bend the cord to tightly it wont read and crap.

Back