X1 Challenge Nurburgring - where to make up lost time

  • Thread starter Thread starter rspwn
  • 1 comments
  • 1,375 views
Messages
44
Messages
PL_Terminator
Hi there. I am using dualshock to gold Red Bull Challenge and I'm now stuck at Nurburgring. I recently hit gold on Monza but haven't attempted Suzuka yet. The problem is I don't know where to make up the lost time on Nurburgring. On Monza, it was easy to gain more than 2 seconds per lap just by cutting first and second chicane (second one most importantly). I amd doing Nurburgring now and I don't seem to find such a good spots, neither myself nor on youtube. I finish first sector before timer hits 20 seconds, so this one is good enough for now, but then into the first turn of sector two I've seen most people letting off accelerator for a fraction of second - I somehow can't manage it and usually have to brake quite strong for this one. As a result I'm loosing about 1 second on this one (I hardly ever hit 34,xxx times not to mention 33,xxx). I'm not worried by the other two sectors as I haven't practiced these too much but what bothers me is how to take that damn turn (number 5 I think) so I don't loose as much time. And where are the spots where I can make up for the lost time because in no hell I'm able to best racing driver using steering wheel by just driving straight up and using gamepad...

Settings I use:
- TCS 0
- Skid Recovery ON
- ASM OFF
- ABS 10
- Sensitivity 5 (I tried 3 and 4 previously but still can't manage too well)

Thanks in advance for every sensible and helpful answer
 
This is a video getting Bronze on the challenge:



It's possible to Gold the challenges with a DS3 controller, but it's difficult.

Study this and other YouTube vids. Good luck.
 
Back